Hello I'm new

dsrjrr
on 1/2/06 9:06 am - appomattox, va
Hello Guys I've been researching the lapband for about 6 months and now ready to begin!!Has anyone had this done how painful is it??Second I know my insurance wont cover it even though my bmi is 41.3 and 100pds overweight so I'm going to try to self-pay what is the average cost for the lapband in Va????Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 9:34 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Tina . Welcome to the VA Board ! And the best to you on your resesrch ! I have several in my support group that are Lap Band patients . One was even a self pay . I believe she told me it was @ 17,000 $ . There are many forums here for each different type of surgery . If you go to the tool bar - and look in for Lap Band .. there is a forum there for that . Best of Luck to you .. and again Welcome ! Natalie http://groups.myspace.com/LIFESTARTSWLS
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/2/06 10:00 am - Danville, VA
Welcome, Tina...you have found the most wonderful and caring board there is. I didn't have lapband but the complete gastric bypass about 2 weeks ago. I had to have open and am doing really well. I dont' know much about the lapband but I am sure there are alot here with all the information you will need. Good luck and welcome.. hugs, BEtsy
A10sFrau
on 1/2/06 10:26 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Tina, Welcome. Ditto what Betsy said. My insurance will not pay for lap-band, but does pay for RNY, thank goodness. Glad to meet you, Tina.
Shanana
on 1/2/06 7:46 pm - Altavista, VA
Hello Tina and welcome. I had RNY so I am not sure about lap band. I am right down the road from you. There is a support group tonite @ 7 pm in the Wyndhurst YMCA if you are interested. Some had lapband some RNY. You could get some info. There is another one in same place 2nd Saturday of the month. I can email you the info. Shannon
yvette223
on 1/2/06 8:31 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Welcome Tina, I dont know much about the lapband but i will be having RNY on the 24th of this month. This board is great, the people here are all a great support group and loving bunch of people. Good luck on your journey. yvette
donnap
on 1/2/06 8:35 pm - Collinsville, VA
Hello Tina! I had RNY on 11/17/04, so I'm sorry that I don't have any info regarding Lapband. I was a private pay too and my RNY, including hospital, pre & post-op care, was $15,000. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I hope you find the info you need. Donna At goal down 116 pds.
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 8:43 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Tina - Welcome to the board! I know there are a few lapbanders from VA that post - but with the Holidays, coming and going, they might miss your question. Not sure if you know how to get to the LAPBAND FORUM here on OH - but maybe if you also post your question there, either locals or surrounding state(s) peeps can help you with a ballpark price. Here's the link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/posts.html Good luck to you on your journey - Lei
H. MC
on 1/3/06 11:19 pm - Arlington, VA
HI Tina you are from around my neck of the woods I am from Lynchburg. Did you go to Glass in 93 I know a Tina then? Anyway I had the lapband and i love it. my recovery time was really fast. I had it done day before thanksgiving. By the time monday rolled around I was able to drive my little one to school. I did look into self pay I didn't think my insurance would cover it. i am in No VA up here I was told 25,000. But I think if you find a good surgeon that knows you are self pay she or he might be willing to work with you on the price. If you have questions email me also he la[band forum is awesome, everyone is very helpful there as well as here be blessed on your Journey which ever procedure you decide on is worth it later H
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views