Back from the worst holiday ever.....

MrsTonyaBrown
on 1/1/06 6:07 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Okay, we're back from the absolute worst holiday vacation we've ever taken. We left on the 28th and got back on the 1st, a day earlier than planned. We were guilted into staying even that long. THe basic list so as not to be so long: 1. The sleep arrangements were horrible; backaches, sore necks, no actual rest. 2. The timing was terrible; we were the only ones with a child under teenage years so no one else wanted to be up when she was up and thought I was anti-social for going to bed with her at 9pm as always while they all partied until midnight 1am. 3. The hostess, a wls patient herself, went back to smoking. Her husband and my mother in law and most of the guests smoked, which I didn't want for me or my daughter but the response when I asked them to not smoke around her, "It's my house, you don't have to be here, you know." 4. The food; even as she was a wls patient herself from 2000, everything she served was either very greasy or just as fattening as the crap I used to eat before my surgery. No healthy alternatives. And the only liquids in the house were alcohol, whole milk (I can't do milk), and bottled water that was bought for me to drink and everyone else kept drinking so that I maybe drank 3 20oz bottles of water (no other liquids) the whole trip. 5. The atmosphere; New Years Eve, even though they invited us and demanded we bring Samantha, our toddler, I was told to my face, "We may get loud and raunchy and with the drinking, I ain't being responsible for anything that happens so you may not want to be here." 6. New Years Eve; that morning, hubby's grandfather died. And with the hostess and her friend whispering about me around corners, even though I could hear them, we decided to say our goodbyes and hauled butt. It was husband's family, but as he says, "I pick my wife and child over them any day." Gotta love that man. Folks, please remember that what you say and do does affect other people. You come first in your own life, but remember not to exclude everyone else. I still lost weight while we were there though. I'm now down to 285 lbs. I'll read all emails and get caught up when I get the chance. Love and peace in this new year, Tonya Brown and Family 405 (highest, July 2005) 379 (surgery, August 2005) 285 (current, Dec. 2005) 180 (goal, August 2006?)
wanda
on 1/1/06 7:42 pm
Tonya, So sorry you had a miserable holiday, but congrats on staying with your plan and still losing. You have a wonderful husband and are taking good care of yourself and your family. I'm glad this last visit is over and I hope your 2006 is the best year you've ever had! Take care and have a happy happy new year! Hugs, Wanda
TammyNVA
on 1/1/06 7:45 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Oh my goodness, Tonya. All I can say is welcome home... and sounds like you've got a honey of a hubby there! My prayers to your husbands family on the loss of his grandfather. Hugs, Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/1/06 8:12 pm - Danville, VA
Awww, Tonya, my heart aches for you, Sweetie. I know all about horrible holidays, as mine was nothing to write home about...hehe, what home? Anyway, I am so proud of you. Don't let what anyone says about you bother you...you are a fellow butterfly and we are going to fly. You are beautiful and a great mom. Your husband is wonderful and you are going to soar with this WLS. I am so proud of you. Hugs Betsy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/1/06 8:15 pm - Danville, VA
Please give your husband my sympathy at the loss of his grandfather. Meant to put that in the previous post. Sorry. Hugs, betsy
Shanana
on 1/1/06 8:51 pm - Altavista, VA
Man it sounds like you will need to celebrate another day as the start of your new year. You can any day you want. Glad to hear you are home safe and sound. Please accept my condolonces. Shannon C.
Judy B.
on 1/2/06 2:21 am - Marion, VA
Tonya I am sorry your holiday was bad for you. But, I am glad you are home now! 2006 awaits you dear sister and it will be a great year!! Love ya JudyB
elizabeth b-c
on 1/2/06 3:20 am - Charlottesville, VA
Tonya, sometimes the family we pick is so much better for us than the family we were born into. Your husband is a treasure, so hang on to him. You did the right thing by leaving - your self esteem, family relationships and health are more important now than ever. Taking care of you, your child and husband are the right things to do. The holiday may have been a bust, but at least now you know their true colors...and your own as well. You are a jewel, and you are uncovering new facets of yourself everyday. Way to go! Hugs, elizabeth 359/245/160
A10sFrau
on 1/2/06 3:24 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hopefully you and your husband will be able to laugh about this when retelling it for Samantha when she is a teenager. When my ex-husband's grandfather died their was a HUGE scene that followed us around, from the home in Wythe Co. to the funeral home. I finally told the kids' dad I was leaving with the children and he could stay if he liked. I was not about to allow these people to talk about my kids and treat them the way they were. Mine were the only kids aged 3 and 6. All others were much older and reared in the country --so not subject to scrutiny and criticism. Relax now, and enjoy your familY! Happy belated New Year! Lois
donnap
on 1/2/06 8:47 pm - Collinsville, VA
Bless your heart, hon. I'm not sure I could have lasted as long as you did. I have to agree with the others here, your husband sounds like a very wonderful man. Donna P
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views