Fair Oaks Support Group

Jen_G
on 1/1/06 6:22 am - in, VA
Hey Guys! Happy New Year! I am not going to be able to attend my normal support group for the next couple of months because I'm starting my masters degree and have class that night Anyway...can someone give me the info on the Fair Oaks group. Is anyone allowed to attend, when does it meet, is there a fee that sort of stuff. I don't want to go two months with out a support group meeting and I think this one will work for me. Thanks! I know it's been posted many times before but I'm too lazy to go search all the posts :rofl Jen 296/168/140 (pre-op/current/goal)
Christina R.
on 1/1/06 6:35 am - Reston, VA
Here's info. I found for the "Staples Club". I think it meets every first Monday: What Support Group (public welcome) When 01/02/06, 6:30 PM Where Fairfax, VA Address Auditorium, 1st floor, 3700 Joseph Siewick Drive Directions Description Guest speaker for January: Richard Rawson, Psy.D. Dr. Rawson provides psychological services for bariatric surgery patients such as maximizing success after surgery, building relapse prevention strategies, and improving coping skills. He will be discussing issues that can come up before and after surgery. For more information, go to his website: www.dr-rawson.com Contact Phone 703-860-8101 Contact Person Sally Contact Email [email protected] There is another one that meets on the Third Monday....I think...but I don't have many details on that other than it's called "Journey Together". Hope that helps Christina S
Gail from NoVa
on 1/1/06 8:29 am - Bealeton, VA
Jen, There's one on the 1st Monday and 3rd Monday of the month. Each starts at 6:30 in the medical building next to Fair Oaks Hospital. Gail
Gail from NoVa
on 1/1/06 8:32 am - Bealeton, VA
Oh yeah, they are open to the public and there is no fee to attend. I'm not going to the one tomorrow, but I think there are some folks who are going that you might know from our area.
cappymoon
on 1/1/06 8:37 am - Northern, VA
Hey Jen, I should be there as long as I get back from Richmond on time Look for me and Kathy will be there as well.....not sure who else you would know! LOL, I am brain dead this evening... Love ya! Dianna
wlsurvivor
on 1/1/06 10:58 pm - Marshall, VA
Hi Jen, I will be there tonight! Hope to see you! Karen
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 8:49 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello beautiful - Can't help you with the support groups, lol, heck I don't even know anything about the ones here in VaBeach - just wanted to say hello and see if you and the hubby are coming to the conference? It's been too long, would love to see you again! Hugs - Lei
Jen_G
on 1/3/06 4:17 am - in, VA
Hey there! Yep we'll be there I was so excited to hear that you guys will be there! Can't wait to see you again. Hugs Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views