Happy New Year To Everyone!!!!

jbyrd72
on 1/1/06 3:47 am - Fishersville, VA
Good Afternoon Everyone!!! Happy New Year to you and your family from me. I spent the new year in Atlanta Ga with the wife's family. We went to a comedy club and had a blast. This board has been such an inspiration to me since I found it almost a year ago. I have lost approx 85 lbs since my WLS on Sept 19th and a total of 115 since Jan of last year. I have gone from a 4x scrub pants and tops to a 1x this christmas. It makes me feel so good when people who I haven't seen in months say that I look great. I still have about 60 lbs to goal. Have a safe and happy holiday and say a prayer for me as I drive home tomorrow from Atlanta. Be Good and Exercise!!! Love Jeff Byrd P.S. We even went fro a 6 1/2 mile hike this afternoon and I wasn't even complaining one bit.... would have killed me a year ago
A10sFrau
on 1/1/06 4:01 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey Jeff, Happy New Year! Congratulations on your loss!. I have a Dr. Kellum question: did you have a central line? Also, what bloodwork is done? Thanks, and happy exercising! My date is rapidly approaching. Pre-op is Tuesday. Lois
ladybug74
on 1/1/06 9:09 am - sutherland, VA
Hi Lois, I thought I'd pass along some info on your pre-op testing. I got a letter w/ my packet that said report to pre-op testing on 3rd floor ACC building after a quick lunch. (you will probably want to eat a nice lunch due to the liquid diet you'll begin before surgery) Well, the instructions say that you must check in at 2 desks, the first will be just after you get off the elevator onto 3rd floor. Unless they have changed this, you will see a sign that says "PCA has moved to the Gateway building....etc" Just keep walking and go to the 2nd desk and check in. I got confused (along with a few others in the class) and went all around the place finally, after I had freaked out and was about to have a breakdown, a doctor helped me find my way to the PCA desk, where I got all my bloodwork (5 little tubes), pee pee in a cup, ekg, chest xray and answered some questions (the PCA folks are really nice)Then, I went back upstairs (phew) to ACC building 3rd floor, where I learned that I was supposed to come to first at 1pm. No big problem, I wasn't in trouble, but it will save you one heck of a run around. And, they prefer you show up at ACC first at 1pm. (if you arrive say 12:30 it is even better, they will get you a little faster) I hope this little bit helps you on your pre-op day. Good Luck!! Karen
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/1/06 5:26 am - Danville, VA
Jeff, you have done fantastic...I am so proud of you. I know you have to be feeling much better. Have a wonderful New Year and enjoy your new life. Hugs, Betsy
Smukums
on 1/1/06 5:55 am - Richmond, VA
That is great!! It is such a feeling of accomplishment when you can do something you wouldn't have been able to do before WLS. Congratulations on all your hard work and keep it up in the new year!! Best wishes for a wonderful new year! ~Nicole
wanda
on 1/1/06 5:56 am
Happy New Years Jeff and to your family! I am keeping you guys in my prayers as you travel tomorrow. Congrats on your good loss and best wishes for 2006! Hugs, Wanda
TammyNVA
on 1/1/06 10:25 am - Chesterfield, VA
Happy New Year to you too Jeff, As a 4 week post-op, I'm loving the feeling of loose clothes and getting into smaller clothes in my closet. I KNOW you are excited about going down 3 sizes! That's awesome! The exercise thing hasn't come to me yet... other issues there, but I'm starting Physical Therapy Tuesday, so hope I'll be working up to exercise. Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views