4 week post op update!!

TammyNVA
on 12/30/05 8:54 pm - Chesterfield, VA
I'm down 28 pounds officially and 33 unofficially (I was not weighed before surgery by the Dr, so they are going by weight 2 weeks prior.) I'm so excited to be able to add meat to my diet! I have to hand it to any vegetarians out there, but I have really struggled the past month with no meat. It been hard to get much protein in with food; I've had to rely on supplements. Last night I had some chicken salad made from canned chicken and it was soooo yummy. I also went on a Costco shopping trip with my hubby and stocked up on seafood. I love fish and have heard from many that it's usually easily tolerated, so I'm in heaven. I'm still to avoid dense/dry meats (non-canned chicken, any beef or pork) and anything acidic (citrus fruits, tomatoes etc.) That's ok... I'm happy to have added what I have. Compared to others' postings, I find that my doctor is conservative with adding food post-op. However, I also haven't had ANY problems, so I think it's worth it. Also, I haven't gone back to work yet, but will in a week, so I'm now working out how I will eat when I'm supposed to and still effectively do my job. I'm a bank manager and usually get VERY LITTLE down time during the day, ie. no lunch breaks! **I'd love to hear from others that work with the public all day, possibly also a manager, and still maintain the proper eating schedule. OH YEAH, also, my profile has been "fancied up" thanks to Myra, an OH volunteer. I'm going to get some pictures on here within the next few days so I won't be annonymous anymore. Happy New Year... stay safe, Tammy 296/268/150
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/30/05 9:04 pm - Danville, VA
Aww Tammy, you are doing such a wonderful job! I too used to work at a bank..mortgage banking with First Union and I loved my job. Unfortunately, I had multiple mini strokes in 1999 and it destroyed my memory and concentration and on top of being blonde...you guessed it...I have many blonde burps...hehe. Anyway, I am on disability now. I miss my work so bad. I loved it and was there for over 13 years. I think your best bets would be canned chicken/with low fat mayo, low fat yogurt, and soups. Good luck when you go back to work. I envy you. I hope that having to stay at home, i don't start grazing but I have alot of will power right now. I don't want to ever have to deal with obesity again. BTW, I love your profile and can't wait to put a face with such a sweet person. Hugs, Betsy
TammyNVA
on 12/30/05 9:41 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Betsy... I have been in the banking industry for 20 years and actually started in mortgage banking. Grazing is a problem for me too, which I discussed at length with the psychologist I went to pre-op. Just this past week I've found myself "looking" for a snack. No, I wasn't hungry... just felt like eating. I think most of us can relate to this. Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/05 9:10 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Tammy .. Great Job girl ! Way to go .. and it does get better . Here are some tips when eating in an office environment .. 1. Shrimp .. Go to Walmart or Costco .. get some already cooked medium shrimp . Take them to work . Put in freezer until ready to eat or in a lunch bag with an ice pack . When ready to eat .. take them out .. run warm water over them and wala ... shrimp salad !!! 2. Make deli rolls . 3 slices of deli meat .. wrapped up in lettuce or cheese.. is a great protein snack . 3. Soups .. Your HEALTHY CHOICES has many great low carb high protein soups . 4. Tuna salad Wrap . Make tuna salad .. place inside iceberg lettuce .. and wala.. Low carb - high protein wrap .. Pack cheese sticks .. cheese cubes .. cheese slices .. Protein drinks .. peperoni .. anything high in protein .. you can store .. I eat like this daily .. Way to go again on your 4 weeks .. take it easy . remember you never fail on this .. you just start over .. and IT IS A LIFESTYLE FOR LIFE !! Hugs . Natalie
TammyNVA
on 12/30/05 9:44 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Natalie, Thanks for your suggestions! You are wonderful. All of these seem so easy and all stuff I LOVE! I went into this WLS process with the mindset that I'm making a LIFELONG commitment. Thanks for your reminders, information, and support. I hope to do the same for others as I continue on this journey we call life. Hugs, Tammy
cappymoon
on 12/30/05 11:59 pm - Northern, VA
Hi Tammy! No suggestions on eating habits at work, I am a bus driver, and I only work 3 hours at a time, so I have plenty of time to get my nutrition in. I wanted to congratulate you on loosing a lb a day!! Those are awesome numbers!!! It will slow down as you progress on your journey, so enjoy the weight coming right off for now Cant wait to *see* you. Are you going to the conference?? Hugs, Dianna
TammyNVA
on 12/31/05 3:15 am - Chesterfield, VA
Yep, I'll be at the conference... can't wait! I have this wonderful dress that I wore to a very fancy holiday party in San Francisco several years ago, when I weighed about 30 pounds less than I do now. I tried it on and it's a possibility, as long as I continue on my current losing pace (I could get into it but not zip it up the back!) Tammy
Ms Court
on 12/31/05 12:15 am - Remington, VA
Cngrats on your loss Tammy. Keep up the good work. Courtney 1 month 305/280/155
A10sFrau
on 12/31/05 3:43 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Woohoo, Tammy! Congratulations!! What a loser! Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views