I made it. gas pains/ thanks

kizie23
on 12/30/05 8:37 am - blacksburg, VA
Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that I made it through surgery ok. There were no complications and I was able to come home last night. Today on the other hand has been something different. I have been having extreme gas pains. I mean its be so unreal the pain. All day I tried to go without my pain medication, but finally around 3pm I could not take then pain anymore and took some. It was like an instant relief of the pain. I do feel the pains starting to come back and I do not want to become dependant on the meds. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also wanted to say thank you for all the prayers, and well wishes. I will be sure to post more when I am feeling better. Thanks so much, Melissa now 3 days post op.
wanda
on 12/30/05 8:46 am
Hang in there Melissa! I'm so glad you're now on the losing side. I'm keeping you in my prayers and hope that all goes well for you and your recovery. The best thing I know for gas relief is walk, walk, walk. You may not feel like it, but often walking gets things moving inside and out. Best wishes and big hugs, Wanda
kizie23
on 12/30/05 9:25 am - blacksburg, VA
Wanda, Thank you so much. I am glad to be on the loosing side yes, but the gas pain is about to kill me. I just wi**** would go a way. Melissa
sylvia
on 12/30/05 10:41 am - Stafford, VA
Yea Melissa! Congrats! The pain medication is prescribed for a reason. Take it as prescribed- your doctor is not going to keep prescribing it, so I wouldn't worry about becoming addicted in a few days.
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/30/05 7:02 pm - Danville, VA
Melissa, Another Butterfly! Walk, Sweetie. I was lucky not to have to deal with the gas pains as I had open surgery. Don't try to be a hero...take the pain medication...why suffer when you don't have to. I usually take mine in the morning for the stiffness and at night before I go to bed. I have been dealing with allergies for the last few days and have been sneezing....OWWWY....I am in more pain now than when I first had the surgery. I think it is because I still have my staples and JP tube in. Oh well, I would do this all over again in a heartbeat. Can't wait to see some results. I have already lost 16 1/2 pounds in 2 weeks. It would have taken me forever to have lost that on my own. Welcome back and you are going to do great. YOu are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Betsy
TammyNVA
on 12/30/05 8:38 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Congratulations Melissa and welcome home I'm going to second the advice to take the pain medication for now. You won't get dependant on it, especially if you are conscience of that fact. If you run out of your current prescription, the doctor will only refill with something weaker. Walking will definitely help those gas pains, but don't overdue it. Unfortunately the gas is part of the process, and it WILL pass!! Take care sweety and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Tammy
cappymoon
on 12/30/05 11:53 pm - Northern, VA
Hi Melissa! So good to see you home and posting!! You have been in my thoughts and prayers over the past few days!! Just remember to walk, walk, walk, and the gas shall pass.....hmm, hehe Take it easy, and welcome to the loosers bench!! Hugs! Dianna
Kennie29
on 1/1/06 3:21 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I am glad that you are doing ok and great!! I was wondering about you!!!! Keep you head up and good lcuk, once again Congrats girl!!!!!! Kennie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views