Gastrogastric fistula - HELP, HELP

elizabeth b-c
on 12/30/05 1:05 am - Charlottesville, VA
I got a call from the surgeon's office. In addition to the ulcer they found on endoscopy yesterday, they also found a gastrogastric fistula - an opening from my pouch to my old stomach. I have to go on liquids for a week, and then they are going to do an upper GI to look for leaks. I also have to take two new prescriptions. If the fistula is leaking, I will need another operation. I AM SCARED... elizabeth
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/05 4:31 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Elizabeth , I am sure you are scared . One thing I want you to do is to stay positive . You very well may need another surgery , however you need to be calm about this . Be mindfull of any fever right now .. and report it asap to your doctor . We have you in our prayers ..you are going to be fine .. Please stay in touch with us .. ok .. Love you ! Natalie
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/30/05 4:48 am - Danville, VA
Elizabeth, you are in my thoughts and prayers...everything is in God's very capable hands...I know you are scared but in the end, all will be worth it. If you need to call me or anything...email me at [email protected] Please don't get upset...you will be in capable hands. I had a fistula on my intestines years ago and was worried that I would be on a colostomy bag for the rest of my life but all went well and i am fine. Hugs, betsy
jilldennis
on 12/30/05 5:51 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Elizabeth - you are in my prayers. Stay positive! Hugs! Jill
elizabeth b-c
on 12/30/05 8:14 am - Charlottesville, VA
Thanks for all your prayers. I'm still freaking out, but trying not to. My belly hurts...a lot. I'm watching for fever and other problems, and I'm taking the new medicines. I really thought I was doing well, except for the belly hurting lately. I haven't cheated once, I take all my vitamins and supplements, and I've lost 111 pounds in four months (today is my anniversary). I was hoping that I woudn't have any further problems...but of course, here I am. Sometimes it is hard not to feel sorry for yourself. elizabeth
prissy25
on 12/31/05 1:25 am - Barboursville, VA
Elizabeth, hang in there girl your in my prayers, and congrats on the weight loss awsome. And Your very right about feeling sorry for ourselves sometimes. Thats how I have felt these last few weeks, All I want is healthy and to be normal in my life but I guess we have to take some bad with the good and be patient thats what I have learned. Im here if you need to vent cry or talk. God Bless you.....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views