Quantity on food

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/06 1:00 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Wendy - oh my gosh! You gave me the absolute best advice!! I thought I was the only one who had this problem WITHOUT it being anything physical. I know it is that my brain isn't telling me to stop, or my stomach, but somehow I keep going. And you're right about the one bite - the barf bite as I call it!! I am so appreciative, Wendy, of your suggestions. I have trouble with even 3 oz at this point! Thank you thank you!! Also, the the blend thingy was good. I have tried certain things and got sick and told my husband I am going to stick to total 'pure' things -- fish, eggs, etc. Thank you Wendy, and I hope you and your family have a Happy New Year!! Will I see you at the conference?? Sure hope so! love donna
WendyNVA
on 1/4/06 9:32 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Donna, So good to hear back from ya! I'm so glad my advice could help give you some tips... and definitely validate what you're going through. The first year, enjoy the restrictions.. there will be plenty of time later in your journey to experiment. Keep it simple, and you'll do great. I hope to actually get to meet you in real time soon. I'm not sure that I'll be able to make the conference.. at this point my life is in chaos mode, and planning isn't an actual option. Hopefully mid-month or so things will settle a bit. The new year started off with a bang for sure, and I hope 2006 is going to be the best! Love Wendy
ResolvedVA
on 12/30/05 10:49 am - Bluemont, VA
Donna Mae- I have to tell you that even though I had DS surgery and so can eat more than someone with an RNY at 2 months out I am working through these issues myself. Although I don't throw up, I cannot tell you the countless plates of food I have thrown away in the past 2 months. My step-mother (the angel from Jamul) is with me until next week and she just laughs when I put food on my plate. She knows I will never be able to eat half of what I put on it. I have a scale that I used at the beginning to help me make sure that I am getting in my meat protein (I have to eat 100g+ of protien each day) so now I am pretty good at figuring at what size meat to eat but if I add anything else to my plate it is usually wasted since I force myself to eat my protein first. Restaurants in particular are difficult because either the plates are monstrous and or the servings are ridiculous and gee it is out in public and you are supposed to be having a good time... I know also that I can appear to eat more of a soft food like tuna salad than I can of say beef tenderloin and also the consistency of the food itself lends to different digestion. I mean several small spoons of tuna goes down with little or no problem but if I rush small bites of beef stew meat then I am in pain and sometimes just have to stop eating for that meal. Then I want to kick myself because I know that if I hadn't rushed I would have been able to eat the right amount and now I will be short on my protein - arghhh! Its definately a learning curve and you are definately not an eating maniac! Your fellow food student, Taylor
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/06 1:02 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hey Taylor, there you are!! I've been wondering about you - and your sweet step mom. You have had her here for two months!! You are a spoiled little girl -- lucky you!! Has she gone back to Jamul yet? We didn't go out for Christmas and I sure missed it. Thanks for the tips - and take care of yourself! love donna
ResolvedVA
on 1/4/06 8:50 am - Bluemont, VA
Donna- I have been so busy what with the holidays and returning to work that I have barely been able to read the board much less post on a routine basis. Several people have pointed out that my profile is woefully behind too and I still haven't posted the pictures that my step-mom took so I still have no pic on my posts... I have set a goal to get that done by the end of January. We shall see... Sob my absolutely wonderful step-mom is finally going home to Jamul on Saturday! She will be back for my middle child's high school graduation in June and then she will take my youngest back with her for a few weeks so my sister can teach him how to scuba dive. I will go out at the end of July or first part of August to visit, retrieve my son and to get my La Jolla Cove fix for the year! Maybe by then I can make a trip to Alfonso's without it setting me back a month . And then of course my step-mom will be back at the end of October for the holidays - yeah! She is one of my best friends and we just love shopping and going to museums and just poking around new places together. Even though I know I am lucky to be able to spend so much time with her I will still miss her horribly while she is gone. I hope the experimental eating is going better for you and that will get to visit Jamul soon! Love, Taylor
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views