Protien

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/05 11:38 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I read a post, or two, on here that protein is absorbed in small amounts and in a certain time frame. So if anyone can remind me what the amounts and time frame is, I would really appreciate it. I am going to my surgeons seminar on Jan. 4th, 2006. I was suposed to go on Dec 19th, but had to post pone it. I am getting really excited. I can hardly wait for the ball to start rolling on this. Sorry this question turned into rambling. Thanx in advance for your help. Corinn
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/05 2:30 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Once you ingest your protein , you have a 4 hour window before you can do it again and it count . The amount of protein that one can absorb varies from doctor to doc . My nut says that we only absorb maybe 40 grams in one sitting .. So if you have a protein drink that says 50 grams .. well 10 of that will go down the toilet !!! Protien is a funny thing .. if you need additional info on protein let me know . Natalie
ResolvedVA
on 12/30/05 10:26 am - Bluemont, VA
Natalie- Hi! This is sort of a hi-jack for the unofficial Queen of Protein. I remember that you have mentioned nectar in regards to protein several times. What exactly is nectar? Also, I was told that heavy doses of soy protein are not good for you so I have been sticking with whey protein. My surgeon also asked me to look into liquid protein. What do you know about that and is there a difference between proteins in the form of shakes/supplements and the protein that we derive from meat? Thanks for the information, Taylor
DawnVA
on 12/30/05 11:33 am - VA
Nat -- if you have a medical source, I'd love it. I'm so baffled by all of this, it makes my head spin. I've heard 25 grams in an hour, 30 grams in two hours and now your answer. But I can't find a solid medically-sound answer. Bottom line, I want to know what my body is actually doing so I can do it right! Thanks! Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 1/1/06 7:57 am - Virginia Beach, VA
thanx for the info. i have a seminar with the surgeon i want to use on wed. so i will ask him. thanx again. corinn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views