I was denied..

Smukums
on 12/29/05 11:37 pm - Richmond, VA
Hello everyone! First I have to say thank you to each one of you who sent out Christmas cards! That was my first time participating in it and it was wonderful. I would love to participate in the secret santa next year. Well I got bad news the week of christmas. My insurance company has denied my first attempt. After the tears and pity talk, I called them back and told me a list of things I could do and then resubmit them and try for appeal. Has anyone else been through this with United Healthcare? This is the point I have been before - a few years ago - and I took it as a sign that it wasn't meant to be. I dont want to that again but I am afraid that it might be another sign. So I have started the process - requesting my medical records, asking my PCP to write a letter in my defense etc. Keep your fingers crossed! I hope everyone has had a great holiday and hope everyone is going to have a great New Years Eve - and New Year! Yeah - 2K6!
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/05 11:44 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Nicole, I did the same thing last year. Don't give up. This is for our life. I haven't started my application process yet, but this time I won't take NO for an answer. I want a long full life and you must too. Please take a deep breath, go to your PCP with what you need and relax. I will be praying that everything works out for you. Corinn
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/30/05 12:08 am - Danville, VA
Nicole~ don't you dare give up, you are fighting for your life now. Fight with everything you have. This support group is wonderful and we have all been through all kinds of crap trying to get this surgery. I worked hard and jumped through loops for the surgery and finally after almost a year, I finally had it on Dec 16. I would do it again wihout hesitation. This surgery is going to open up my world...I am going to get my strength back into my wings and I am going to fly..enjoy life like never before...a rebirth...break away from the cocoon and fly. Don't give up and keep fighting ...we are all here behind you, Sweetie.. Hugs, betsy One of the newest butterflys
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/05 3:55 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Everyone here knows my passion for life .. and for this surgery .. No long post to you on this . Only a few questions to you .... How much do you value your life ... and how worth is the fight ... ?? This can be done .... Do not give up .. YOU ARE WORTH THE FIGHT .. !!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views