At this time 4 months ago today...

spaceystacey
on 12/29/05 11:26 pm - Littleton, NC
I was being wheeled into the operating room! OMG I can't believe that 4 months have passed already. It seems like it was just yesterday. When I started this incredible journey I weighed 267 pounds. I was wearing a size 22/24. When I woke up in the morning I was in pain. My back hurt, my knees hurt, my sugar was out of whack and I know I was developing sleep apnea. Standing for long periods of time was not an option for me. Exercise? Forget it. I just couldn't do it. I had a treadmill and I couldn't walk 10 solid minutes at speed 2. Today I am in a size 16, some 14's fit too. I currently weigh 192 pounds. That's 75 pounds gone in 4 months! When I wake up in the morning I am no longer in pain, my back and knees are much better too! I don't know about my sugar yet, but I can tell you that I don't have the shakiness associated with it that I used to. And for the first time in years I am finally getting decent sleep at night. Brian has even told me that I don't snore anymore. I made Thanksgiving dinner for my husband's family year before last and again this year. The differences were amazing. I didn't get tired being on my feet all day and I didn't need to take frequent breaks to get off my feet. And the best thing of all... I can go 40 minutes on my treadmill at various heights and speeds. 40 freaking minutes. This is so awesome to me considering that I wouldn't have made it 10 minutes as a pre-op. This surgery has given me my life back. I look forward to getting up in the morning. I can't wait to see what life has in store for me. I agonized as a pre-op about having the surgery. I was scared of the complications that could occur and not making it out of the operating room. I thought that I was taking the easy way out. Boy was I wrong. Having to relearn everything and such is damn hard, but it is so worth it. I can honestly say that I haven't felt this good in 10 years. Would I do it all again? Absolutely, without a doubt, yes I would. Thank you all for letting me share. I hope you have a wonderful day! Stacey
Smukums
on 12/29/05 11:42 pm - Richmond, VA
Stacy - that is wonderful! happy 4 month anniversary!! Its such a motivation to hear stories such as yours - I wish you much success as you start to continue down this wonderful road! ~ Nicole
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/30/05 12:03 am - Danville, VA
Stacey...I am so proud to hear how well you are doing. I does my heart good to see the success of my wonderful friends. No it is not the easy way out but alot of people ( ones who have never been through all this) see it as that. Sure eating right and excersising works for some but with us, it is one failure after another. This tool will work if we work it. It is so exciting to see that even though we are working at this, we are seeing results. I could diet and diet and be miserable and not see but a few pounds gone only to regain it in no time. Now we are being rewarded for out hard work. It is a wonderful tool but we do have to work it. We have also found such a wonderful support group that I don't know what I would have done without them. We have many angels lurking here and I am thankful for them everyday. Live is good and we need to take this wonderful opportunity and run with it. Hugs, betsy
Ms Court
on 12/30/05 12:04 pm - Remington, VA
Happy 4 month Stacey. Congrats on your loss. Keep up the good work. Courtney 1 month today 305/280/155
sylvia
on 12/31/05 12:30 am - Stafford, VA
Stacey that is truly amazing - THANK YOU so much for talking about your pre op fears - I am at that stage now. You however are an inspiration - keep up the great work!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views