Ipod Help!

wlsurvivor
on 12/29/05 10:50 pm - Marshall, VA
I was so excited to get my little Ipod Shuffle for Christmas so I could take it to the gym, on walks, etc., and I cannot make it play!!! Help! I have spent hours on this! It can't be that hard! I downloaded I-Tunes, updated that software and loaded the Ipod software and updated that and then bought some songs on I-tunes and dragged them over to the play list and then plugged in the Ipod (after it was charged). The screen shows that the Ipod has some space used up and a lot left, so I think the songs did transfer over, but when I turn it on and put in the head phones --nothing plays! There is no like hot sync button to push to transfer data. I guess it just transfers by the Ipod being plugged in. I have restored the Ipod and started over- noth8ing. I have used different USP plugs to plug it in. I got so frustrated, I went back to Best Buys and returned it for a new one last night. Now I get to uninstall and start over. I hope I-tunes will save my songs after I uninstall their software... Does anyone know what I may have done wrong? The only thing I can come up with is maybe the first device was defective. I am so frustrated! I appreciate any tips anyone can give me! Karen
cappymoon
on 12/29/05 11:11 pm - Northern, VA
Hi Karen, I dont know about the ipod shuffle, but I would burn any music you have purchased from itunes before uninstalling the software, your music will be gone. Then, reinstall, import your music, and try again with the new ipod. Beyond that, if you have an apple store near you, I would take it to the genius bar and have them look at it...... I know, not too helpful, but I try Dianna
wlsurvivor
on 12/29/05 11:23 pm - Marshall, VA
Thanks, Dianna! That is great advice! I will definately burn the music to a CD before I uninstall it. Good idea! Thanks for responding! I have been so frustrated! You are the best! Karen
Kathy & Rich
on 12/30/05 2:22 am - Fairfax, VA
I emailed you! Kathy
WendyNVA
on 12/30/05 6:27 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Karen, Boy do I feel your pain LOL. My kids BOTH got the shuffle for Christmas, and it took me 3 days to get their songs uploaded to it. I couldn't get the instructions in-sync with what I was looking at on the screen. I have to admit, the kids installed the software, so I came in after-the-fact when they got frustrated... but it was my understanding from the instructions that they songs would auto-update to the ipod as soon as it was plugged in.. I just wasn't seeing the auto-update type buttons they described... UNTIL I actually registered the Ipods, then WAMA the buttons appeared and it said the songs were updating... they each got about 153 songs and were happy.... Until we took my son to his grandmas and he called me the next day and said the darned thing stopped working altogether LOL So, I have to wait til he gets home. The other sons seems to be working fine. Good luck and PLEASE let me know if you find the trick Wendy
wlsurvivor
on 1/1/06 11:09 pm - Marshall, VA
Hi Wendy! Thanks to you and everyone for their help!!! Kathy's husband Rich gets the prize for helping me to figure out that I am not crazy; the iPod I bought was defective!!! After going back to Best Buys and exchanging it for another one, I turned on my computer, did NOT go into iTunes yet, but rather plugged in the iPod and let it charge for 4 hours. After charging, I was prompted to register the new iPod with the new Serial number. After that, I clicked on iTunes and it immediately downloaded all my songs I had previously paid for and the screen told me this time that each song was downloading and what those songs were (in the little apple screen at the top center of the website). I put in the headphones and, it worked!!! So, before you spend hours and hours trying to figure out what you have done wrong, check the installation instructions, install the software, update the iPod software on the Applw website and update the iTunes as well. Then everything should work. Good Luck! Karen
Gail from NoVa
on 12/30/05 8:33 am - Bealeton, VA
tee hee hee..........I got one as a gift from my office a couple of months ago. I feel so technically challenged that I haven't even tried to make it work. I know.... that doesn't help, but just wanted to let you know I feel your pain. I always laugh and say that we have to have the teenagers take care of all the gadgets!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views