Good Morning, VA

Pat F.
on 12/30/05 6:38 am - Richmond, VA
My dearest butterfly I am so glad to see you going on and making the best of your new life. If there is anything me and Kat can do please let us know. If you want to talk just email or call me. I will email you my phone number. Men have ways us women will never know how to handle. Let us all make a New Year for the best for all of us. May god bless you and keep you in his hands.
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/30/05 8:12 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie...I appreciate all the Kat has done for me...Thank you so much for your kind words. I am going to be so fine...I have so much love from this board alone to make it. God is wonderful and he is right here beside me in all of this. I have a wonderful church family who is right beside me also. God is awesome. I love you. Hugs, Betsy
ResolvedVA
on 12/30/05 10:14 am - Bluemont, VA
{{{{Betsy}}}}- I have been away from the boards for a few weeks and I was so looking forward to reading your e-mail and seeing how you were doing after surgery. I have been making it a practice to check up especially on posts about you even if I did not have time to read all the posts or answer and I have been praying fervently for your quick recovery. You were such a comfort to me when I joined this board in July and then my hubby of 23 years split in August for the "good life". I am so sorry that this is happening now. I know from previous posts and e-mails that you knew that you needed to do something after the surgery was over but surely even a control freak can understand that you just cannot move right now. It would not be safe for your health. And why exactly do you have to move out? I mean if he wants to end the marriage why doesn't he move out? Even if he was supporting you 100% it was a marriage for gosh sakes and he knew about your physical situation before your were married. Also, I agree whole heartedly that you are a butterfly and not a doormat! You will overcome this obstacle and you will have a brighter future ahead of you! Please let me know if I can do anything for you, Hugs, Taylor
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/30/05 8:24 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Taylor...Life really can throw some curves, huh? Maybe these men can't stand the threat of us getting on our feet and not being a doormat for them. I know that with all the wonderful friends I have met on this board alone that I will make it. I know that this is going to be a struggle until I get out but I will survive. With all my angels, how can I not make it? I am waiting to be able to get to legal aid next week...they quit taking any one on until Janurary and it is a first come first serve basis so I will be the first one on the phone on Tuesday. They are closed on Monday. I need to find out what my rights are. How are you doing by the way? I hope that you have been able to get things settled with the business. Anyway, God has plans for us and they will be a wonderful future. Hugs. Betsy
corynva
on 12/30/05 11:23 pm - Roanoke, VA
Hey Betsy......U R right about the curves.....a friend of mine had WLS...she lost a lot and was absolutely beautiful.......her husband grew further and further away from her and they finally divorced. He said he was so afraid she would come out beautiful and not want anything more to do with him so he shut her out first. What goes on in the mind? My hubby and I had really long discussions about this several times before my surgery and he kept telling me he fell in love with the inside me, not the outside, and he knew I loved him so all was well.....he was right..... I think this discussion needs to be part of the pre-op stuff. It does seem to be a problem with the partner of a WLS patient. And I sent you an e-mail to your personal address......later, love to all....Cory
Ms Court
on 12/30/05 11:53 am - Remington, VA
Betsy I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Being divorced myself I understand a lot of what you are feeling. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. Courtney 1 month today 305/280/155
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/30/05 8:28 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Sweet Courtney...How are you doing? By the looks of things, you are doing wonderful....25 pounds? wow...I am so excited for you. You are in the 200's and that in itself is an exciting thing. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. This board has kept me going and I thank God everyday for it. There are many angels lurking here. Hugs, Betsy
KathieKathie
on 1/2/06 9:12 pm - Manassas, VA
Hi sweety. I'm sorry I've lost track of the boards, and everyone on here, and you especially -- this is the time when you need your support network the most. When you say butterfly, you're absolutely right. You ARE a butterfly -- a truly beautiful one. Please always remember that. If this helps, print this out and stick it up somewhere. It was one of Mary Kay's favorites: I have a premonition that soars on silver wings, It is a dream of your accomplishment Of many wondrous things, I do not know beneath which sky Or where you'll challenge fate, I only know it will be high, I only know it will be GREAT! - Anonymous hugs, Kathie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views