Wow moments...of all of us

elizabeth b-c
on 12/29/05 11:21 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hello, again, Virginia friends: I had a wow moment with my 19 year old daughter today. She went with me and my partner to my endoscopy this morning, and she said "Mom, I've never seen you this skinny." I realized she's right. I gained a lot of weight with each pregnancy (she is my last child), and I gained more each year after that with various health problems, too much food and not enough exercise. So she's never seen me at this weight...boy, that was a big wow moment. How about we all share our best wow moments from the last year as we head into the new one. I think it is great encouragement for those about to undergo surgery. So, friends, share your stories...and go ahead and brag a little. Hugs, elizabeth 359/249/160
spaceystacey
on 12/29/05 11:30 am - Littleton, NC
Elizabeth, My most recent wow moments were this weekend. My husband can actually pick me up now! Ever since we started dating, I have always weighed the same amount or more than him. He was never able to pick me up. So that is a big one for me. My other big wow moment was when I went through my closet to get rid of stuff that had gotten too big and realized that I had 8 large trash bags full of stuff and only had a small closet full of clothes left that I could wear. I now have nothing in storage, either. Once I am out of the 14's, I am going to have to go shopping! Congrats on your success! I hope you start feeling better soon! hugs, Stacey
elizabeth b-c
on 12/29/05 11:35 am - Charlottesville, VA
Congatulations to you, Stacey - I can't wait to get into 14s. I'm still pretty heavy, but I've lost 110 pounds in four months, and I am pleased with that. I hope I get to where you are someday. 14s would be great. Hugs, elizabeth
TammyNVA
on 12/29/05 12:05 pm - Chesterfield, VA
OK... Since I'm a fairly new post-op, I've just started to have wow moments. This week I decided to sort my closet by size (idea from OH messageboard) and I was trying on clothes left and right. It was so exciting to see, after just 4 weeks, how many clothes were already just too big, and others that I haven't been able to button, now FIT! I'm looking forward to more WOW moments! Happy New Year and Happy New You, Tammy
elizabeth b-c
on 12/29/05 12:08 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Congratulations, Tammy. Isn't the clothes thing fun? I've thrown out so many clothes or saved them for friends that are pretty big. I used to hate shopping for clothes, but I love it now. Watch out, world, another clothes horse has been born. Great on your weight loss, too. Happy New Year, elizabeth
TammyNVA
on 12/29/05 9:08 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Elizabeth, I was already a clothes horse!! As a matter of fact, one of my greatest fears having this WLS (if you can imagine that) is that I'd go broked buying new clothes!!! I love nice clothes, and because I work in a very professional environment (I'm a bank manager,) I must always be dressed professionally. No pants falling down or blouses swallowing me up either. Fortunately/Unfortunately I lost about 50 pounds about 2 years ago and bought a lot of nice clothes... of course I put that back on and then some, so I'm covered for clothes for at least a few months as I work myself back into that wardrobe. I'm mostly looking forward to more CHOICES! See ya, Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/29/05 7:28 pm - Danville, VA
Elizabeth, you are doing wonderful ... I can't wait to get my staples and JP tube out so I feel like trying on clothes. I know that my sweats are getting really big on me but am still uncomfortable trying on clothes. I go back to the surgeon on Wednesday and am looking forward to that. I know that I will feel better then. I have been told that I have lost weight in my face. My biggest wow moment though is losing 16 1/2 pounds in less than two weeks...never could have happened without this tool. I would do it again in a heartbeat. What a wonderful New Year this is going to be for this butterfly! Get my strength back in my wings and I am gonna fly!!! Freedom from this obese body...my thin, healthy self is going to break free. Right now, this is my most wonderful wow moment. Hugs to all. Betsy A new butterfly
jilldennis
on 12/30/05 12:57 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Elizabeth I have had a lot of WOW moments in the past few months...and there are new ones everyday! This morning, I walked the dog and walked 2 miles (one way) and wasn't even tired...then I realized I better turn around and head back - so..so far I have walked 4 miles today!! Before surgery I couldn't even walk out to the garage without being winded or hurting!! Yesterday my daughter (who wears a size 0-3 in jeans) and I were going through some of her clothes (she just moved back home-again!) and she had a pile of clothes she was going to donate to goodwill. There was this one really cute harley davidson long sleeved shirt that I had bought her 2 years ago from Texas..she said she just didn't like it...so I tried it on! It was a small and it fit!!! She said OMG Mom I never thought you would be wearing my clothes! I was so happy!!! I also now wear the same size jeans as my mom (size 12) - I love it! Keep up the great work everyone!!! You all are my inspiration!!! Jill 278/163/140
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/05 4:01 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Well the fact 19 months ago I sat here as a size 26 ... 310 pounds and now I sit here 127 pounds size 3 \ 4 .. THAT IS WOW to me .. big ole WOW .. and my latest wow was when Keith from the board here .. FLIPPED me in mid air .the night of my divorce party- He literally picked me up ... and threw me around and around .. OMG it was the best time ever .. All of you new post ops are in for such a treat .. what a great journey you have in store .. Hugs , Natalie
Sharon Q.
on 12/30/05 8:03 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Hey Elizabeth!! It's hard to narrow it down to just one moment, there are so many!! I went on a cruise to Mexico 2 years ago, and then again earlier this month. What an amazing difference!! I fit in the seat belts on the plane! I felt like a princess when I got dressed up for captains night, and wore my "little black dress". I loved how my husband was proud of me, and how much I'd changed this past year. I bought every picture the cruise line took of me and my family, didn't even buy one last time. I felt completely comfortable doing everything, and never ran out of energy. OHHHH, and to a different wow moment..............I bought a pair of size 6 pants today, and they fit awesome!! I am a solid 8 right now, and will be 6 soon I am thinking. It's all so exciting, and you new postops are in for a wild ride!! XOXOXOXOOXO Sharon @ 5'7" 289/261/153/140 Start/Surgery/Today/Goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views