A quick hello!

ElizabethC
on 12/29/05 2:39 am - Wirtz, VA
Hi everyone here in wonderful Virginia I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I am getting ready to have WLS myself. It's been a long journey (as I'm sure you've all had!), and I deal daily with swinging between excitement, anxiety, and being downright scared, but I know with all my heart that I've made the right decision! I am having surgery sometime in late March; the OR will start scheduling March surgeries next week. I can't wait to have THE date to give me a real goal. Elizabeth
Kimds
on 12/29/05 4:19 am - Roanoke, VA
Elizabeth, I just read your profile and I am glad to see you are finally getting your surgery. Do you go to the Roanoke support group meeting? If so I will be there next Monday too. Please let me know so that I can introduce myself. Kim
ElizabethC
on 12/29/05 4:24 am - Wirtz, VA
Hi, Kim! Yes, I'll be at the Raonoke meeting. It will be great to meet you! Elizabeth
A10sFrau
on 12/29/05 8:36 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hello Elizabeth My surgery is scheduled for Jan. 16 and I still have wildly fluctuating feelings about it. My new resolve is that I let the feelings wash over me and then drain away. I do not dwell in them. So far the new strategy is working. Glad to meet you. Lois
elizabeth b-c
on 12/29/05 11:12 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hello, Elizabeth from another elizabeth. I am excited for you - I remember the early days of waiting for a date and getting all the testing and psych eval done. You will do great - this surgery changed my life. I was on 16 medicines and 4 shots a day, severely diabetic, had sleep apnea, high blood pressure, kidney damage from the diabetes, fatty liver, asthma, back pain and depression. All of that has changed. I am no longer diabetic, I only take my thyroid medication (lowered since surgery), my hormone replacement (nobody wants to live with me without it), and medicine for an ulcer I've developed. My cholesterol is 111, and I am not anemic. Things are so much better for me...and they will be for you, too. You have a lovely family, and a lot of incentive to get healthier and more active with them. Congratulations on this decision. Keep us posted on your progress. Hugs, elizabeth 359/249/160
ElizabethC
on 12/31/05 7:14 am - Wirtz, VA
Lois- Wow, just a couple weeks away!! Hang in there, what a great way to start the new year :D Elizabeth- I'm fortunate that I don't have too many co-morbidities, YET...that is one reason we decided to get this done ASAP instead of waiting for MAYBE having a change in insurance that would then cover WLS. After the scare this past February, I just can't wait until something really nasty happens. Sounds like you've done great! Happy New Year to everyone!! Elizabeth C
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views