I have a date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kennie29
on 12/23/05 10:15 am - Chesapeake, VA
My date is February 6, 2006. I can not believe it. Did anyone else feel scared and excited at the same time? Well that is how I am feeling now!!!!! I guess it will be a whirlwind of appointments that will have my head spinning!!!! And before long my date will be approaching!!!! Can anyone offer me any advice on what to expect? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
april H.
on 12/23/05 10:36 am - hampton, VA
GREAT !!!!!!!!! I'm having mine one week before you, so I can let you know what to expect then Yep, I'm so excited, yet when I REALLY think about it I'm petrified !!! April surgery date 1-30-06
Kennie29
on 12/23/05 10:46 am - Chesapeake, VA
Thank you soooooooooo much. When did you start your journey, did you go to the seminar on the 21st? I am just wondering if we may have been in the same seminar together or not. Let's keep in touch and sort of be "buddies" if you would like, that would help me out alot!!! Congrats on your date too and I am glad that we have the same doctor too!!!! Kennie 2-6-06
april H.
on 12/23/05 11:18 am - hampton, VA
lol, I didn't even notice we had the same Doc That's wonderful!!! Would be great to have a buddy Are you in Hampton ?? I am. Seminar 10-10-05 Computer Test 10-18-05 Phycologist 11-1-05 Wait for insurance began 11-15-05 Approved 12-7-05..........................given my date 1-30-06 Time seems to be crawling by for me, I just have this fear something will happen and I won't be able to have it. Nerve racking April surgery date 1-30-06
april H.
on 12/23/05 11:23 am - hampton, VA
ooops, I can see your not in Hampton, lol guess I need to read before I type,lol
Kennie29
on 12/23/05 1:20 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I live in Chesapeake, so I have quite a drive. I had my seminar on November 21st. Computer test and Psych Evaluation on December 14th. Approved and date was set on December 22nd Surgery date 2-6-06!!!!! Kinda fast for me and the only thing my ins company needed was my information that we filled out at the office, if it is medically necessary, over 100lbs, no referrals, no previous attempts at diets, no supervised diets or anything like that. My ins compnay is the best!!!!!!!!! But I will be keeping up with you to see how things go since we have the same doctor! Love and peace to you!
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/23/05 11:27 am - Danville, VA
Wow, Sweetie...that was fast. Expect a whirlwind of just the beginning of the journey. I first saw my surgeon in April 2005 and finally got my surgery December 16th...yup, just one week out. Had open and all is great as far as I can tell. I am dealing with head hunger as I am on a clear liquid diet for another week but it is exciting. I know that soon, I will be eating again but much more healthier. Expect nerves, second thoughts and all the stress that goes with it but I would do it over again in a heart beat. No regrets...I am now a free butterfly getting my wings.. Hugs Betsy Heaviest 297~day of surgery 230 ~ when I left hospital 222~goal 125
Kennie29
on 12/23/05 1:14 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Well I went for my first seminar on the November 14th and then I had to go to another one on the 21st for the Gastric Bypass because my ins does not cover Lapband and that is the one that I wanted to do initially. Then I had my Pysch Eval on December 14th and then they submitted my paperwork and I got an approval within a week from the ins company. So it took exactly a month from the initial seminar to me getting approved for the surgery!! Way too fast, I thought it would be longer. I just know the day will come fast with all the appts and all, I am just a little nervous u know! I hope you continue to do well and feel good being so soon out from your surgery and the weight loss so far is great! Keep up the good work, I am sure we will get to know each other well. Kennie
april H.
on 12/26/05 4:47 am - hampton, VA
That was fast You do have a bit of a drive , I go to the Chesapeke Wal-mart sometimes, it's nicer than our Hampton one Hope you had a good xmas
Kennie29
on 12/26/05 9:55 am - Chesapeake, VA
Yea, it was kinda fast, like everything happened within a month, I was like whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... I did not think it would be that fast. I mean I was just getting the info at the seminar on November 21st and now I already have a date a month later. It still seems a little unreal!!!!! I don't know how to feel....lmao!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views