I made it, im a looser...

RichmondRandy
on 12/23/05 12:16 am - Wytheville, VA
Hello to you all, I thought i would post and bring you all up to date on my past weeks experiences..I went into surgery at 7:30am Monday morning...i remember waking up at 1pm..hearing the docs say they had to do the prodecure open...i remember feeling down and having a big bandage on my belly...when i got to the room on 8th floor i was pretty much awake and doing pretty good...i remember walking the hall 2 times and then coming back and sitting in the chair...then i started feeling nautious....i told the nurse and she said she would bring me some phenergran.....now except for some wild moments i don't remember anything else until 9pm Monday night..i started regaining conciousness in SICU on 5th floor...i was now on a ventilator...everyone was working with me...i rmemember thinking inside my head the phenergran had did this to me...They continued to work and monitor me...they let my family come back in and they started telling me what had happened....with the sleep apnea and phenergrran i had pretty much stopped breathiong...when they realized something was wrong my o2 sat was 20...so i was coded....andways later Monday night i came off the vent and everything seemed to turn for the best again...Tuesday morning i had my leak test and it was good....they started me on liquids and the rest is pretty much a regular case..Anna Miller came in to talk to me Tuesday evening...she told me i was had been in full respitory arrest, and that i was the only person that they had been able to bring back....so i feel extremely blessed to be here she then said that she knew that there was a purpose for me being here....I just feel so blessed and everything is going well....And to anyone who is scared....i would do it again in a instance..Just wanted to let you guys know im here and im a looser...I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! Randy PS ALL DOCTORS AND NURSES AT UVA WERE MARVELOUS>>>I RECEIVED THE BEST OF CARE POSSIBLE!
Carole V.
on 12/23/05 12:40 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Randy! Welcome back. I'm so glad you could make it back to the losing side. You really are the meaning of the words "brand new life", personified. That sleep apnea is a scary thing. Best of luck to you in your continuing journey. With your attitude, I know you will do great things. Carole
katiemother
on 12/23/05 12:51 am - Northern, VA
Hey welcome back. You may be a loser but you'll alway be a winner to me.
yvette223
on 12/23/05 1:00 am - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
That is great, congradulations i wish you a speedy recovery. yvette
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/23/05 1:57 am - Danville, VA
Wow, Randy, what a scare...I am glad you are ok now. I also had open and other than being stiff after sitting or sleeping for awhile, I am fine. I thought I had it bad with my veins giving out on us but I was very lucky not to have had the problems you did. I guess I am a model case. Thank God for that. Let me know how you do and have a wonderful Merry Christmas! I will be thinking of you while we have our clear liquids! Have a super shot of "liquid happy juice"! Love ya... Hugs, Betsy highest 297, before surgery 230 and now...222
A10sFrau
on 12/23/05 4:15 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey, Randy! What a Christmas gift--your life, and a new one at that--the life that will be you a big loser soon. I hope you have someone with you during the holidays and your recuperation period! Lois
wanda
on 12/23/05 5:02 am
Randy, I'm so glad you're here! I agree that you definitely have a purpose here. Congrats on being a loser and I'm so glad they were able to help you through the ! ~Wanda
TammyNVA
on 12/23/05 5:26 am - Chesterfield, VA
Congratulations Randy!! Welcome to the losing side. I'm about 19 days ahead of you. Sorry you had troubles... so did I, but I wouldn't change my mind if I had it over to do either. Good luck and happy sipping! Tammy
WendyNVA
on 12/23/05 9:22 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Randy, Wow, what a journey you had to the losing side. I'm so glad you are doing ok now, and on the road to the new you! I cannot imagine the things you and your family went through.. You're right, you are truly blessed. I hope the rest of your journey continues without any more major drama. Rest and heal, and take care of you. Keep us posted Wendy
Kennie29
on 12/23/05 10:19 am - Chesapeake, VA
Congratulations and what a scary moment. That sleep apnea is nothing to be played with!!!! I hope that everything works out for you and I look forward to joining u on the losers side 2-6-2006!!!!!!!!! Kennie!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views