This is my first

corynva
on 12/22/05 9:36 pm - Roanoke, VA
Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone......this is my first post and I just wanted to tell all who have upcoming surgeries, it's okay to be scared, but you will feel so much better. You are embarking on a total lifestyle change and there will be moments when you will ask why you did this....then you will look in the mirror and think how you feel....how your knees don't hurt quite as bad and you are breathing a little easier and then you will remember why. I will say a prayer for each of you and God bless you for making this decision........
A10sFrau
on 12/22/05 10:13 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Thank you Cory. I see you went to MCV, too. I may have lots of questions of you soon, as my date approaches. Lois
corynva
on 12/22/05 10:42 pm - Roanoke, VA
Lois, feel free to e-mail me anytime.....I had my surgery almost 4 years ago and I may be able to give you a few little tips.....and a lot of encouragement and support. All the best and have a wonderful Christmas.....
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/22/05 11:09 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Cory....Thank you so much for the encouragement. I just had my surgery on the 16th of December and I am looking forward to all the changes this life saving tool has for me. I had my surgery in Roanoke...why did you decide to go to Richmond? Have a wonderful Christmas and hope to see you posting again soon. Hugs, Betsy
corynva
on 12/22/05 11:57 pm - Roanoke, VA
When I had my surgery there wasn't a Dr. in Roanoke who did laproscopic. And another lady I worked with did a lot of research into the lap and doctors and found Dr. Demaria at MCV (he's at Duke now). She had it there, did great, I had it there, did great....since then 3 more I know have gone there. Let me know if I can be of any help.....I'm always available. I can give you one hint now....something I found and have used almost since day 1......I found if I ate too much grease/fat content, too much dairy or too much sugar I went through the "dumping" feeling, got nauseaus, sometimes threw up.....and still do with all three....I found a product named "Omnigest"...it's with the antacids and the only place I can find it in Roanoke is WalMart....Walgreens doesn't carry it any longer and not sure about CVS, but it works like a miracle. It also stops the "bloating" from certain foods. It is enzyme based and is absolutely a God-send. Give it a try if/when you develop any of these problems.......
A10sFrau
on 12/23/05 4:04 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Sent you an email, Cory. Lois
Kennie29
on 12/23/05 10:49 am - Chesapeake, VA
Thank you so much!! I will be having my surgery on 2-6-06 and I am happy and scared at the same time, not sure if I should do it and all the "what ifs" running through my mind!!!! Kennie
corynva
on 12/23/05 10:44 pm - Roanoke, VA
Kennie........I know what you mean......but just keep the goal in mind.... keep in mind how you will feel and look how quickly it will be all over...... I don't mean to downplay the seriousness of it but the benefits are just overwhelming. Hang in there and put your trust in the doctor, your faith in God to bring you through and your mind on the end results......let me know how you do.......and I'm here
Kennie29
on 12/24/05 3:03 am - Chesapeake, VA
I will and thank you so much. I will probably have a ton of questions!!!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!!!!
corynva
on 12/24/05 3:25 am - Roanoke, VA
And to you, too.......
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views