surgery sched. for 1/23-scared

sylvia
on 12/22/05 5:43 pm - Stafford, VA
I'm scheduled to have bypass 1/23 with Dr. Moazzez - I'm struggling to quit smoking also, and worried that all my tests are not going to be completed in time. I was insurance approved about 1 week ago, and so far have only gotten the sleep study scheduled. Vozzie said she would set up most of the rest of them - that was 3 days ago and I haven't heard back. I feel totally out of control of this situation - just like with my weight! I could use some feedback if anyone wants to comment.
jilldennis
on 12/22/05 6:01 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Sylvia - Take a deep breath...focus on quitting smoking. You are in very good hands with Dr. Moazzez. He is wonderful!! He did my surgery on 8/30/05. Give Vonzie a call this morning and just ask her if everything is a go and ask her for your dates...she will be able to knock most of your tests out in one day. Congratulations on your surgery date!!! It's a great day - it's my son's 21st birthday! Stay in touch! You are in my prayers! Hugs Jill 261/164/140
sylvia
on 12/23/05 2:16 am - Stafford, VA
Thanks Jill - I really needed the reassurance. Also its good to hear that you had the same Dr. Will give Vonzie a ring today.
sylvia
on 12/23/05 11:24 am - Stafford, VA
Jill thank you so much. I was up at 6 this a.m and saw your reply and was energized to mobilize - I called Vonzi this a.m. - she had everything scheduled already! All I had to do was schedul and EKG with my primary - which I did, and schedule my psych eval which I will do on Monday. I feel like at least everythin is in place now - all I have to do is my part, which I am determined to do.
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/22/05 7:29 pm - Danville, VA
Good morning, Sylvia! Like Jill said...take a deep breath...everything is really in control you just don't know it yet. I had my surgery a week ago today and I too felt completely out of control but everything turned out. A week before surgery the dr told me I had to lose 6 pounds or he would cancel my surgery....well I did it..in fact I lost 6 1/2 pounds. Talk about STRESS. I can't begin to tell you the stress that last week had for me. Then on top of a huge snow and Ice storm coming in the day before and us trying to get to Roanoke from Danville!!!!! What a nightmare...what I am saying is that God is there working it all out. Just put it into His hands. Relax and enjoy the journey. Smoking is going to be your toughest battle right now...concentrate on that. I know how hard that is going to be especially with all the stress of the surgery. Alot of us on here had to do it and did...Good luck and if I can help in anyway, let me know. Hugs Betsy RYN/12/16/05 Biggest 297/before surgery 230/ a week later 222...wow...
sylvia
Wow Betsy this is really cool! I have read some of your posts before I posted last night, and I really appreciate your feedback. There is strength in numbers, and I am starting to feel it! Thanks - and I'm so glad you are doing so good after your surgery.
cpatters
on 12/22/05 8:33 pm - Rockingham County, VA
Sylvia, Everything will fall into place, you will see. I am also scheduled for surgery on Jan 23. I feel so much more calm now that I have a date to focus on. With the Holidays and the stressfull time of year it is easy to feel out of control. Calm down, you'll be fine. God bless- CMP
sylvia
Wow the same day as me - where are you having your surgery? God bless you - you are at the same spot as me and are able to offer me encouragement. Stay in touch, okay?
cpatters
on 12/23/05 9:20 pm - Rockingham County, VA
I am having surgery at UVA. Dr. Schirmer is my doctor. He is great. We will have to stay in touch for sure. You can e-mail me at any time. Later! CMP
A10sFrau
on 12/22/05 10:07 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Sylvia, I am scheduled for Jan. 16. About 3 weeks ago I went through a very frightened period--after having read numerous scarey accounts of very serious complications. This was to the point I considered cancelling my surgery. But, good sense finally reclaimed me and I made a vow to STOP reading the complications stories and focus on how much I need to lose weight. As I posted the other day--MY problem is that I see myself as 23 y.o. and 130 pounds still--regardless of the fact that I am 55 and 243. If you already know about possible complications, don't read about them any more. At least that worked for me--plus getting it through my fat head that I am fat and this is my last resort. Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views