Vitamins

kizie23
on 12/22/05 9:28 am - blacksburg, VA
Leland, Thank you very much. I am going to verify with my doctor what he wants me to take. I just wanted to make sure that I wasnt going to forget something. I also like to know what other people take. Something somone else has to take that I dont may work better for me. Thanks, Melissa
elizabethc03
on 12/22/05 4:03 am - Cypress, TX
Okay here's the list as given by my program nutritionist; Multi's -either chewable sf or bariatric supplements twice daily with meals, she suggested Flintstones or Optisource Calcium Citrate -Chewable, Liquid or Powder, 500 mg 2-4 times per day at least one hour apart from other vitamins. Obviously if you're getting calcium from other sources you won't require as much supplementation I don't know about you but I'd rather get too much than too little... Vitamin B-12 -Sublingual, shot or tablet (crushed) 500 mcg daily or 1000 mcg every other day. Iron - Crushed or Liquid, 325 mg per day; take with Vitamin C Vitamin C -Chewable, 500 mg daily with Iron The vitamin C and Iron may not be necessary for you so I would check with your doctor... Also if you do take Iron remember that caffeine inhibits iron absorption so avoid it within 90 minutes of taking iron...although I was told to just avoid caffeine completely since it dehydrates you but I know some people don't completely give it up. And Don't forget protein...I was told to aim for at least 60 g. daily and drink 64 oz. of fluid About your check card, That sucks that some people have no conscience, especially at the holidays. But I believe in karma and I've seen that "what comes around, goes around" so I think in the end you'll get your justice. Merry Christmas and best of luck on your surgery! Liz
kizie23
on 12/22/05 9:34 am - blacksburg, VA
Liz, Thank you so much, Melissa
TammyNVA
on 12/22/05 6:21 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Melisssa, I'm posting on the checkcard; you already got great advice on the vitamins. I'm a bank manager and have dealt with stolen checkcards, identiy theft, and a number of other crimes with many, many of my customers. The most important thing to do is to contact your bank IMMEDIATELY, and file a claim. I'm hoping you've already done this. Regardless of which bank you are with, you are limited to the liability, and in some cases, you aren't liable for any of the charges. Just make sure you follow all the steps they ask you to do, usually includes completing and mailing back an affidavit they send out to you. Then, you get your money back. In some cases, they will refund your money temporarily before even getting back the affidavit. Where do they get the money from to reimburse you? From the merchant... but there is a time limit, which is why it's very important to do it right away. Also, since it was a card theft and not drafting with your account number, only your card has been compromised and will need to be replaced. Your account itself should still be safe. Good luck and Merry Christmas, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views