Update on my mom

Judy B.
on 12/21/05 8:23 pm - Marion, VA
hi everyone We moved my mom yesterday to an acute rehabilitation hospital in kingsport, tenn. We initially wanted her there in the first place, but they wouldn't take her yet because she was at a lower level than what they needed her to be. So we had her in a skilled care unit at a nursing home for two weeks. The place she is at now (Healthsouth) is a very nice place and we all just love her new doctor. He is very thourough and jokes around with mom , which she likes. We are very excited that she will be able to come home christmas day and spend the whole day with all of her family here. She will have to go back sunday night, but at least she can have that therapeutic time with us. and the next time she comes home will be for good. That makes me very happy!! ON the lighter side of things..I have now lost 108 pounds, down to 235 from 343..woohoooo... hugs JudyB 343/235/170 consult/current/goal
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/21/05 8:51 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie....I am so glad your mom is doing so much better. I know you will enjoy being with her at home on Christmas. It will be such a special day for you. It is important for her to like her new temporary home...she will heal faster. Do you realize you have probably lost a whole person??? Wow, you look fantastic...I couldn't believe how wonderful you looked on Sunday! Well, it is time for me to go take a quick nap...been up since 5am and now my body says....sleep. Go figure....Miss ya. Hugs, betsy
MrsTonyaBrown
on 12/21/05 8:52 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Judy, Big hugs to your family, your mother. That's awesome news! I've really been worried, thinking about you and her. I'm so glad it's working out for the best. Grats on the weight loss too! Hugs and love, Tonya 405/290/180 start/current/goal
Pat F.
on 12/21/05 10:18 pm - Richmond, VA
Judy glad to hear that your mom is doing so much better. Congrats on the weight loss that is super great. Soon you will be down in the 100's and at goal. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's.
Julie R.
on 12/21/05 10:30 pm - Belspring, VA
Judy, I am so glad to hear the good news about your mother. It means a lot to have family with you, especially around the holidays. Congratulations on your weight loss, too! That's great! 108# Julie
DeniseinVA
on 12/21/05 10:52 pm - Midlothian, VA
Judy, what a wonderful blessing to have your mom for Christmas and soon home for good. Have a wonderful Christmas. Wow, on your weight loss. You go girl! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views