NEED PROTEIN IDEAS FOR 2 WEEK POST OP

fishtayl
on 12/20/05 9:34 pm - Bealeton, VA
I know you guys will help me out. I have a friend who is 2 weeks post op and needs protein food ideas. I thought back and came up with: deli turkey meat, potted meat, dev ham, reduced fat corn beef hash, chili--all ground up of course. Please send me some more ideas for her. Thanks
A10sFrau
on 12/21/05 5:11 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
2 weeks post-op with my doctor is still full liquids-- protein shakes. Lois
Kathy & Rich
on 12/21/05 8:04 am - Fairfax, VA
I did tuna salad and chicken salad pureed quite a bit. Cottage cheese is always a good choice. I had homemade turkey chili at one week post-op. I did alot with marinade (no sugar or very low sugar) and gravies. I did salmon, chicken, turkey, etc...MOIST and pureed. Kathy
twinkie ~.
on 12/21/05 11:27 am - norfolk, va
refried beans were my favorite. sometimes with fat free cheese
Lelandmm
on 12/22/05 3:12 am - Chesapeake, VA
Some surgeons have you on liquids for a month afterwards, but mine didn't. At 2 weeks I could eat: Eggs, scrambled or hard boiled. Nothing in them or on them though Tuna Fish from the can Chicken from the can Cottage Cheese Fat Free Refried Beans I tried the deli turkey meat and my belly didn't like it. I haven't eaten of that other stuff just because I didn't think it would agree with me. One night, probably 5-7 days post op, I made Taco Salad for my hubby. He had the full version, and I just ate some plain ground turkey on a baked tostitoe chip. I would think the hash and ham would be a bit much for 2 weeks, but everyone is different. Some people are going to be more sensitive than others and anything that isn't real bland is going to set them on fire. Only try one new thing at a time. That way its easy to figure out what your belly doesn't like! Leland
** Judy **
on 12/26/05 9:15 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I have two ways I get my protein in: (1) One scoop of any chocolate protein powder added to a No Sugar Added Chocolate or Vanilla Pudding. Mix thoroughly and enjoy. I think it is 24 grams of protein, about 170 calories, and about 9 carbs. (2) One can of "Soup At Hand" -- I usually use Chicken and Mini Noodles since it is low in calories and carbs. Add a 3 ounce can of chicken -- stir -- warm in microwave -- and enjoy. I believe it is about 20 grams of protein. Hope these help you!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views