My Mom ..

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/05 6:38 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Some of you remember the scare I had earlier this year with my mother and cancer. Well .. last night I went by there to get my crock pot I left over there at Thanksgiving .. and she totally suprised me .. Little History here first .. My mom and I were close but not like I wanted too .. as I was growing up I think she was ashamed of me because of my weight . She was not a big supporter or any diet .. and found it really hard to encourage me .. and always had some little comment to make to me .. ( I was the only fat kid she had ) Well .. thru the years I did manage to look over a lot of the words and the put downs .. I do not know if she did it on purpose or not .. does not matter .. at this point .. but any way .. as the weight began to come off .. her attitude really changed towards me .. I found her hugging me more .. wanting to talk to me more and just acting normal around me .. not putting me down .. and really encouraging me . Last night she took my hand - took me upstairs to her room and pulled out a jewlery box .. wrapped for Christmas .. inside was a gorgeous 2 carrot diamond bracelet .. OMG it is phenomenal !!! And she gave me a little bag .. inside the bag was a bottle of my fav perfume . Coco Chanel .. I asked her .. What gives ?? She told me she wanted to show me how proud she was of me .. and to give me my Christmas presents early .She knew the bracelet would go well with my new dress for the Jan conference .. then out of the BLUE !! She turns on her stereo .. cranks it up as loud as it can go .. and she takes my hand and we start dancing like two crazy ladies .. singing at the top of our lungs .. This was probably the biggest WOW moment I have had yet .. My mom truly seen me for who I am .. And she gave me her stereo .. she said she just got it .. but did not like it and knew I jammed out when I ran on the treadmill .. What a night .. I came home .. cried .. and Thanked God for giving me my life back and for healing my mom .. who knows perhaps we can mend some more of those years past .. I wanted to share this with you all .. as like I just said .. My Christmas was started with love and heart healing .. Take care .. Nat
A10sFrau
on 12/20/05 7:46 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
As MY mom used to say, "Will miracles never cease?" Merry Christmas, Nat Lois
David@Goal
on 12/20/05 8:06 pm - VA
HOLY CRAP! WOW is right Natalie! David ps: Would your mom be proud of me? I like nice gifts!
Kitty Kat
on 12/20/05 8:26 pm - Richmond, VA
Hey Pixie Baby! Well, well it's about dam time don'tcha think? You are such a wonderful lady and your Mom is seeing what we've seen all along the way. It was always there. It just takes some longer than others. We have talked about things many times over and my God how far we've BOTH come. I know you must be on cloud 9 this am and I'm happy for you. Diamonds, smell me goods and a stereo! YEAH BABY! Hugs & love you SO much, Kitty Kat
Pat F.
on 12/20/05 9:37 pm - Richmond, VA
Nat, I am glad things are working out with you and your mom. Love her all you can while she is here and accept things the way they are God works in mysterious way and that is what he is doing for you now. This is from a mom who loves her kids no matter what they do. It has been real nice having Kat and her family here with us. When I need someone I know that I can go to Kat and get help. May your life be what you want it to be and much more.
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/20/05 10:02 pm - Danville, VA
My Sweet, Nat.....Honey, it is so hard I guess for others to accept us big and when they realize how wrong they have been they try to make up for it. I am so happy that some of the bad feelings are going away and you are feeling excepted by your family. My mother died 24 years a go and I will never have that opportunity. I could never do anything to please her although I tried soooo hard. Anyway, without going in that depressing direction....what more could you ask for?????? a diamond bracelet, stereo and smelly goods? Wow, I am adoptable..... Anyone want to adopt me??? I am a good girl (butterfly). Well, Sweetie....you continue tohave a wonderful Merry Christmas as I know I will. Love you muchly, Betsy The Ms Butterfly herself...hehe
cappymoon
on 12/20/05 11:48 pm - Northern, VA
Wow, that is just too cool! I know I talked to you about it last night, but I wanted to let you know again.....you deserve it. I am glad you handled it so well, and that it sounds like your mom has come full circle. Enjoy your gifts, you deserve the best this life has to offer, and dont you ever forget it!!! Love you, Dianna
jilldennis
on 12/22/05 6:12 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Wow, Natalie ~*~ How awesome! It's amazing the things that God can fix when we just let Him do it! I can't wait to see you in January! Hugs! Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views