New surgery date/Angel husband

Debbie in va beach
on 12/20/05 9:00 am - virginia beach, VA
Hi all, I got a call from the Dr's office and they left a message that they needed to change my surgery date. Boy was I upset until I called and they moved it up 4 days! It will now be Jan 12 instead of 16! Well, the fourteenth is my husband's best friend's Navy retirement party. I was so afraid to tell him that I will most likely be discharged on the 14th or 15th when I know he planned to be partying with his peeps. His reaction? "Honey that's not an issue, I'll be there for you." I proceeded to tell him that I would try to have the house ready for his friend and wife to stay with us (they are coming up from Tennessee) and he said "No way! I'll just ask him to stay with another friend. You got to take care of you and prepare. I'll spend time with them when I can." His point? He said it's his best friend, he'll understand. Wow! Not only do I have a great husband, it seems we have great friends too! I feel blessed. Debbie
WendyNVA
on 12/20/05 10:49 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Debbie, You feel blessed, because you ARE blessed.. What a wonderful reaction from your hubby. Surely he will be your best support system. Focus on you, as your hubby obviously is going to do. Best of luck on your journey, I have no doubt you will do awesome! Wendy
A10sFrau
on 12/20/05 11:14 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Oh NO--you're leaving me alone! Congratulations on 4 days earlier. You have a sweet, devoted husband. Did they move your pre-op up? Lois (STILL the 16th of January )
Debbie in va beach
on 12/20/05 7:23 pm - virginia beach, VA
Lois, We are still going to be surgery sisters anyway! Maybe step-surgery sisters! They left my pre-op on the 4th. Its getting close for the both of us! Debbie
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/20/05 2:49 pm - Danville, VA
Awww, Debbie....you are truely blessed! It is so nice to be number one in someone's life, huh? What a lucky, lady. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I love ya.. Hugs, Betsy A free butterfly
elizabethc03
on 12/22/05 3:42 am - Cypress, TX
All I have to say is WOW! What a great husband. You are truly lucky to have someone so supportive in your corner. And best of luck on your upcoming surgery...a new year a new you . Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views