2 Month Check Up

Sporty Jill
on 12/19/05 9:48 pm - Norfolk, VA
Had my 2 month check up yesterday (actually it was 10 weeks) and I have lost 45 pounds (YEAH!!!!!!), lost the leg cramps (YEAH!!!!!!) and have gained the ability to sleep better (YEAH!!!!!!) My doctor was very happy to hear that I am in taking so much protein (thanks Nat) and said that it is more than what he recommends, but if it's working, keep it up. My Nut wants me to back off of 1 protein drink a day (can we say.....No), and wants me to bulk up my meals a little. Her concern is that because I work out hard 4 - 5 days a week that I am walking a fine line on starvation and doesn't want me to do that. (My work-outs are either curves or 40 minutes on the treadmill starting at 2.8 and maintaining at 3.3 and then cooling off at 2.6 - burning about 250 calories and then weights or tubes 2 - 3 times a week). But, said that something I was doing was working and to keep at it. She was happy to see that my percentage of body fat was going down, but my percentage of muscle had improved a bit since my 1st month check-up. She said that was a good thing, because by 2 months is when they begin to see muscle decreasing along w/ fat. She also wants me to add some variety to my meals to avoid getting bored with them. So, today I am having oatmeal for breakfast instead of cottage cheese. She also wants me to add a bit of fruit. But, my problem is that I don't feel hunger until it is too late, so how can I eat more when I'm not hungry to begin with. But, the bottom line is they were VERY pleased with my progress and the fact that I have lost 1/3 of my excess body weight in 2 months. Happy holidays to all Jill 263/218/145
Carole V.
on 12/19/05 10:56 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Woo hoo! One-derland, here you come. Congrats on the great checkup Jill, you are working hard and deserve much praise. I'm especially glad that you are seeing improvement in your health, that is what it's all about. All the best to you in the coming new year, Carole
DeniseinVA
on 12/20/05 7:20 am - Midlothian, VA
That is wonderful news!!! Keep up the good work Denise
Ms Court
on 12/20/05 8:27 am - Remington, VA
Congrats on the loss Jill. Keep up the good work. Courtney
yvette223
on 12/20/05 8:43 am - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
that is great news, i hope to be as successful as you yvette
WendyNVA
on 12/20/05 10:38 am - Va Beach, VA