Praying for a miracle - PLEASE provide any support you can, God bless you all!!

Ms Court
on 12/20/05 8:16 am - Remington, VA
Hey Shannon. Welcome to the losing side. I know exactly what you are feeling. I have been a basket case myself for the last few weeks. As far as your liquids, just keep sipping, it will get better. I have been eating mostly normal food stuff just pureed. I have had chicken, pork chops, roast beef, scrambled eggs, beans & ham, cottage cheese, fruit, sweet potatoe, green beans, lima beans, broccoli, etc. Just try it out but puree it nice and smooth and see what your tummy likes. It helped me to get up and walk (I braced it and went outside) just so I could get out of the house a bit. As far as protein, I really like the Isopure Dutch Chocolate, it tastes like chocolate milk, sorta like coco powder. Keep up the good work and pushing through. Courtney
WendyNVA
on 12/20/05 10:16 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Shannon, Just a quick hello. You've already gotten some great advice.. I'm a lil late on the take.. but just know, you're normal, and its OK to cry. You've made a HUGE lifelong committment, changed your anatomy in doing so, screwed with your hormones like no one could imagine.. and you'll be ok.. So cry.. sip a lil in between the tears, and know.. from those of us that have gone before you... You will be OK.. You will be successfull. Do what you can, stay hydrated.. most important.. everything else will come in time. I know its not the best.. but my first memory of feeling "nice" post op, was with about 1.5 ounces of tomato soup that mom made for me.. can we say heaven??? Even the broth was so much better than the icky stuff I was "supposed" to drink. Your body has been through a trauma.. your emotional side hasn't caught up yet.. feed IT.. and the physical side will come into play when its ready. Best of luck woman Wendy
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/20/05 3:14 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Shannon....I am only 4 days out and just thinking of eating some of the things you are talking about make me shiver!!!!! Don't go too fast, hon, and don't beat yourself up. We are surgery buddies! Let's take this slow and easy! We don't need to be overwhelmed. I do know my emotions are on edge...I am very weepy....but I am happy and glad to be where I am right now. "Mabel" and I are going to work on this together! Have you named your pouch yet? It helps believe it or not...hehe Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views