Betsy visit!

A10sFrau
on 12/18/05 3:06 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
When I got to her room, the nurse told me she was in the shower with her husband. We got a big kick out of that!!!! It was her first shower and she was so thankful to be cleaned up right. Betsy says to tell you all she loves and misses EVERYONE. She can't wait to get back to her computer. I met Ray who has been her 24 hr/day nurse. She is doing well. She said she feels MUCH better than she had thought she would. She has been walking, and will have her barium swallow tomorrow morning. If all goes well she will be allowed to drink. She has been 100% NPO since before surgery and is dying for something. She is only using pain medication for sleep and when she goes walking. She told me some things about her surgery, but I leave that for her to relate to you all. She is keeping a journal. If she gets to eat and drink tomorrow, she will be going home Tuesday. Her head surgeon was there while I was and confirmed this. Judy is on her way to see her now. Her IV was acting up and the nurse d/c'd it while i was there. They were going to start another. She got sleepy after about 1/2 hour and I left saying I would let you all know how I found her. She is SO HAPPY to be a loser now!! And YES, she did lose the 6 pounds the doctor told her to--6 1/2 in fact!! (Maybe Judy will tell us more later.) Lois
kizie23
on 12/18/05 4:36 am - blacksburg, VA
Lois, I did not have go to visity Betsy, I am still trying to get over this sinus thing. I did call and Judy was there. She sounded like she was doing really well. She said that she was in more pain from the IV than from the actual surgery. She also told me that she would be home on Tuesday. I am so glad she did well. Melissa
DeniseinVA
on 12/18/05 6:27 am - Midlothian, VA
Lois, Thank you for the update. I have been thinking of her. I am glad she is doing so well!!!! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views