Looking for a great surgeon for VSG

Mushy07
on 1/27/14 1:47 am

Hello everyone,

I live in McLean, Virginia. I am in the process of looking for a great surgeon who has a lot of experience with a VSG. I do not mind driving a ways for a really good surgeon. I am a little nervous because I know that VSGs are a newer surgery and I want to make sure that the surgeon I choose has enough experience with them. I also have a hiatal hernia that will most likely have to be repaired as well. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Most appreciatively,

Melissa

KellyH67
on 1/30/14 12:20 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 02/19/14

My VSG is scheduled for Feb. 19 with Dr. Carmody at St. Mary's Hospital here in Richmond, VA.  It's a bariatric Center of Excellence.  They do a large number of VSGs.  More than half of the 16 people in my nutrition class were having that particular surgery.  There are 2 other surgeons.  

http://richmond.bonsecours.com/our-services-surgical-weight-loss-surgical-options.html

Hope this helps!

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.  Excellence I can reach for.  Perfection I leave up to God."  Michael J. Fox

da1stladie
on 2/2/14 9:37 am - petersburg, VA

I have had VSG with Dr. Datta at Southside Regional Med Center in  Petersburg, Va. My surgery went well. And I was at goal at about 6-7 months. Great Doc, He's been doing them for a while and great bariatric nurse coordinator. I hope this helps you.

Mushy07
on 2/3/14 1:44 am

Thank you all for your advice. I really appreciate it. I will look into all of your suggestions. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2277 views