Trying to get in shape?

shoutjoy
on 8/20/13 7:54 pm - Culpeper, VA

“Trying to get in shape? Here's the secret.”

Well, it's really not a secret, but a truth. Many companies that want to sell you magic weight loss pills, shakes, or a "program" don't want you to know the truth, but the truth it is. If you want to be healthy and be at a healthy weight, you have to do two things:
1) Eat well the majority of the time (more broccoli than burgers, more carrots than carrot cake.)
2) Burn more calories than you eat. (That means being active: walking, working out with resistance..., swimming, biking, hiking, etc.)
It means figuring out how to achieve that. It means some sacrifice and some work. A little (maybe a lot) of will power, trying new recipes, forgoing sauces, fried foods, and desserts more often. In other words, nothing is free. As Dolly Parton said, "If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain." Just remember the rain won't last forever, the rainbow will eventually show up. You just need to believe that you can weather it all and that the rainbow is worth it.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/13 5:47 am - VA

So very true; but we all have to start some where. I needed structure, after i lost weight so i start doing beachbody products and met a coach. I'm currently doing T25, i love it; it give me a schedule to follow and i still get out and walk and jog, swim etc.... I need that. 

thank you for post keeps me focus!!!

Nicol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views