Newbie -- Bluepoint and Virginia Premier

CourtneyJ
on 1/20/13 2:03 am
VSG with

Hello there! This board seems kinda  s l o w .... 

Anyone out there lurking and not posting???? Is there another secret group somewhere else that you're all congregating at?! hehe

Has anyone used Bluepoint Surgical Group in Woodbridge? What can you tell me about their process? How long did it take for you to get your surgery?

They seem VERY proactive and progressive... I am hoping for a very smooth process. 

OH, I have medicaid btw, anyone have any experience with Virginia Premier? I unfortunately am losing my beloved health insurance at the end of the month and am going on medicaid for a while...

Thanks in advance for any answers and insight!! Please feel free to message me privately :o)

shoutjoy
on 1/23/13 6:27 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi there,

This is the nature of these message boards.  Not much chatter unless a post is specially interesting.  Anyway, not familiar with that organization.  I hope it all goes good for you as well.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

CourtneyJ
on 1/24/13 11:28 am
VSG with

Thanks!!!

mrspitts11367
on 1/24/13 11:19 am - VA
RNY on 01/30/13 with

I am using Blue Point Surgical group. I have Dr. Nain. Dr. Halmi is also highly recommended. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Gail one of the bariatric coordinators is a doll. She helped me out a lot. I am having surgery at Sentara( Potomoc Hospital) in woodbridge on Jan 30. My first appt with them was November 1st. So good luck. Maybe we can be a good support for each other. I live in Spotsylvania ,Va

CourtneyJ
on 1/24/13 11:27 am
VSG with

Ooooh how exciting for you!! Congrats on getting a date!!! I'm in Stafford County, but am new to the area, so not sure how far you are from me... I THINK "spotsy" is close by though!

CourtneyJ
on 1/24/13 11:31 am
VSG with

PS I'd love to hear more about the process with bluepoint! I just sent you a friend req... 

mrspitts11367
on 1/24/13 12:07 pm - VA
RNY on 01/30/13 with
cool you live in Stafford. I use 2 live on 17 in Stafford. I am only 15 minutes from Stafford Hospital now. I will be glad to message you tomorrow and let you know what the process is at their office.I am headed to bed right now. I have an early appointment at Blue Point in the morning. Will message you when I get home. Look forward to talking with you soon.
CourtneyJ
on 1/25/13 12:57 am
VSG with

Hah, I live right off 17... small world!

mrspitts11367
on 1/25/13 5:01 am - VA
RNY on 01/30/13 with

Hey,

I sent you a message. I hope you get it and I did not mess that process up. LOL. Me and computers are not true friends. LOL . Let me know if you have any questions. 

bamabelle16
on 1/28/13 11:44 am
I had rny surgery with Dr Halmi in 2010. I highly recommend them. I suggest you visit their web site for lots of helpful info. You will also find it beneficial to attend the monthly meetings prior to and after surgery. Web site has schedule. Also sign up for e-newsletter.

It is so worth it! Exercise now or at least by month 3 after surgery. Exercise and food choices and quantity are keys to success! Good luck! Best decision of my life!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views