Anyone want to get togethervforvcoffeebin Arlington/Alexandria/DC?

anninva
on 11/12/12 3:08 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

Hi folks!  Looks like this board has been pretty quietM. I'm looking for people in my area who might like to get together!

love to Fairfax people, but I'm lazy!  Drop me a PM or just rep lily here!  YAY!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

shoutjoy
on 11/16/12 6:52 pm - Culpeper, VA

There is a support group that meets at Fair Oaks hospital but I don't remember the day or time.  People seem to be too busy to get together these days or they are content in their groups where ever they are.  It takes tons of patience to start a group. When I lived in PA, it took over a year to start a group.  Many many times I would be the only one that would show up.  However, I stuck it out and we ended up with an awesome group!!  Hang in there!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

anninva
on 11/18/12 11:50 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

thanks!  any ideas for starting a group???  i may just have to do it!  the DC/MD/VA area is so weird because everything is spread out!  for instance, i'm like 3 miles from DC and then Fairfax is out in the 'burbs for me!  i know there have to be close-in folks!  maybe post on a bunch of boards????

thanks for replying!!!!

shoutjoy
on 11/19/12 6:44 pm - Culpeper, VA

Well, each area is different.  I was fortunate to have a hospital sponsor my group in PA. They did all the PR. Starting from scratch is very hard.  I'm trying to get one going here in Culpeper and NO ONE but one person 30 minutes away has shown any interest.  It's tough!  So, do what you can.  That's all I can say.

anninva
on 11/20/12 2:02 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

okay, i'm dumb!  i didn't realize you were so close by in Culpepper.  of course, in my "i want it near me!" Culpepper is in deepest, darkest, out there Virginia!  i'll keep my thinking cap on!  thanks for the support  

shoutjoy
on 11/20/12 2:05 am - Culpeper, VA
Hmmm deep? Naaah. Dark? Not today! Beautiful. Oh yea!

HeyMo135
on 11/30/12 7:19 am

Hello,

I haven't had surgery yet but i would be interested in a group.

I attend the meetings @ inova fair oaks (3rd Monday of each month) and so far its nice..

I live in Centreville but work in DC and all my friends are in Arlington...lol

groovykg
on 12/3/12 10:23 pm - VA
RNY on 02/27/13

I would be interested.  I'm in Springfield also awaiting surgery.  Alexandria and Fairfax are equally easy for me to get to.  DC, on the other hand, is a pain.  I've been trying to find a support group.  Are the ones at Fair Oaks  free?  I thought I read somewhere they charge $.

HeyMo135
on 12/4/12 2:57 am

The one (Journey Together) that meets the 3rd Monday of each month is free..they do have others that have a charge.

http://www.inova.org/healthcare-services/bariatric-surgery/p atient-support/groups-and-education

groovykg
on 12/4/12 2:59 am - VA
RNY on 02/27/13

Excellent!  I will investigate that group.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views