Insurance

Jodi_wantstoliveagain

on 9/5/12 1:38 pm - Onancock, VA
Hi All! My name is Jodi I am morbidly obese and have a letter stating surgery is life threatening and is a medical nessesity. I have Anthem HealthKeepers With NO Rider/ Exclusion. It states
OBESITY: Services and supplies related to weight loss of dietary control, including complications that directly result from such surgeries and / or procedures. This includes weight loss reduction therapies / activities, even if there is a related medical problem.  Notwithstanding provisions of other exclusions involving cosmedic surgery to the contrary, services tendered to improve appearence (such as abdominoplasties, panniculectomies, and lipectomies), are not covered services even though the services may be required to correct deformity after a previous therapeutic process involving Gastric Bypass Surgery.

I have sleep apnea
High Blood pressure
Stents in my heart
uncontrolabl diabetes
edema
depression
p.a.d
Sciatica
dyspnea
very high cholestrol
BMI is 51
and a few more issues

My question is does anyone understand this policy and can i get my insurance comp. to pay for my surgery? PLEASE help me. I want to live... Thank you so much in advance
groovykg
on 9/10/12 8:14 am - VA
RNY on 02/27/13
 Sounds like it is covered, just not any plastic surgery (such as removing loose skin) after the weight is gone. 

I would first call your insurance and ask them to explain what they require for coverage, and then schedule a consulation with a surgeon.
jodi030406
on 9/10/12 8:16 am - VA
Oh Thank you so much! I was starting to get discouraged, I didnt think anyone would help me. I'm going to do both today. Thank you again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views