Thursday Roll Call, Special Announcement

shoutjoy
on 8/16/12 4:04 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi all you wonderful peoplieeees!

I have a special announcement at the end of this message.

This morning we get a visit from the pet sitter.  She will meet sparkle and see how they get along.  I asked her to come this week just in case I start Monday at work.  I would love to but the new owner is still is going through the take over process.  I truly believe the scripture that promotion comes from the Lord.  This job is definitely a promotion.  I am so excited. 

Oh! I finally got one quiz out of the way and I am slowly weeding my way through PowerPoint.  That excites me. 

Oh! This webinar I am taking on Mindfulness is totally cool and I hope to use some of the practices in my future support groups.  I think I am going to move away from my usual name of the group to a new name. 

Oh! If any of  you are going to the OH convention in Altanta in October, you can go with free admission if you use the promo code I have in my signature bar.  I hope you can go.  It should be listed under the OH events page.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Blue_Rattie
on 8/16/12 9:45 pm
Well, I started my first day of 5day pouch diet. (RNY) Did really good except that I cheated =P LOL, so I guess I didn't do "really good".

I drank 3 protein shakes made with light vanilla soy, 3 cups of chicken broth, 32oz of coffee with creamer and now currently drinking some decaf tea. Also had some Sobe lifewater (the 0 calorie one)

My cheats - 5 cheezit crackers at lunchtime while getting kids their sandwiches. a piece of extra crispy bacon at about 8pm when my sister cooked her and BILs dinner =P

I wasn't really hungry when I had either. But WANTED them...I mean, who can resist cheezits and bacon? =P At least the bacon was protein?? I still deserve my hand to be smacked!

Finished the night at 970calories, 120g protein, 73g carbs (I have my daily limit set at 120)

So overall I think I did fairly well.

Took my daughter to speech therapy today. And the speech therapist from the elementary school still hasn't called. So much for getting her started on the evaluating /sigh. The ES has like a 45day eval period once the kids start school. Sylvia has been in private speech since February. I adjusted her appts to after school until HOPEFULLY she qualifies to get it done there. Not sure if Medicaid will continue covering it once she's in school.

Vent over ;)

Karen
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

shoutjoy
on 8/17/12 3:53 am - Culpeper, VA
There is one thing that is a great constant.  Morning brings on a clean slate to make it a better day.  Hang in there.  Another thing, I know this is going to sound strange but to lose weight you have to eat.  The metabolism thrives on energy and if it doesn't get it, it will take it from muscle.  So, try to get at least 1000 calories a day to keep your metabolism up and happy.

Blue_Rattie
on 8/17/12 8:25 am
I'm doing it to cut the carbs. I've gotten SO bad eating cheezits, crackers, bread....it's bad. =P I usually eat about 1100-1200cal a day =)
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

shoutjoy
on 8/17/12 9:03 am - Culpeper, VA
Great!  Just wanted you to stay healthy :o)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views