lower bowel blockage

MerMer
on 3/4/12 10:36 pm
Hello. it's been awhile since i have posted on here. I just had the scare of my life. About a week and a half ago, I was rushed to the hospital from work with major stomach pain. Once there i had a ct scan and it showed a blockage in my lower bowel. I had to have emergency surgery to clear the blockage. I have staples from the top to the bottom of my stomach. Has any otherRNY's had this issue?
wjoegreen
on 3/6/12 1:20 am - Colonial Heights, VA
I haven't but I have post-op frineds that have, one with scare tissue build-up and the other that ahd a intestinal twist that had to be cut out.  Lets hope yours isn't that severe and won't come back.  Sounds like a good way to kill a weekend!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
SWEET Tink
on 3/14/12 4:54 am
I just got out of the hospital with a lower bowel obstruction.   They made a huge mistake and placed an NG tube down into my pouch . They had to remove it asap . It was the most painful thing Ii have ever experienced .  I did not have to do surgery , thank God ... I have mesh that has fallen down into my intestines and they used medication to quiet down my bowels and manipulated the obstruction.

This does happen to weight loss patients .. but it iscureable . One suggestion they gave me was to keep my fiber intake up ... and to take Musalex and a probiotic .  So I started that regimine asap  .

Best to you ,

Nataie

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views