HELP! I am freaking out!!

Jack_Fabulous
on 1/21/12 11:22 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12

I told myself that it was not real unless I got the approval. Well, I got the approval so I guess it must be real. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Frankly, I am terrified.

My surgery is just a few weeks away and I am beginning to panic about several different things.  I have been having doubts about my success and have fears about the surgery.  It is manifesting itself in me doubting my mental abilities to cope with everything.  

Because of work and family issues I was not able to go to the monthly bariatric meetings.  I am concerned that I have not built up any relationships with people who have had the surgery; people who can tell me that whatever I am experiencing is normal.  I don’t have anyone to talk me down off my ledge.  

I feel like I am going to wake up after surgery and be lost and not know what to do. I am worried that I don’t have anyone I don’t feel like I have a support network built up of people I can turn to when things get rough.  I’d be grateful for anyone who has had surgery or is about to have surgery to get to know me and help guide me through this uncharted journey.  Thank you. 

wjoegreen
on 1/24/12 2:21 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Jack_Fab, I work at Fort Lee and Live in Col Hts.  I had RNY Sep 06, I am at [email protected].  I will help you all I can.  THis is all like a second chance at living.  Don't miss out.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
moniqueh
on 1/25/12 11:10 pm - chester, VA
Jack your doing to do great!! I felt the same way when I had surg (RNY) its been almost 8yrs for me and I have kept the weight off! It hasnt been easy but in the end you just have to concentrate on you and your goals!! Im here if you need anything!!

[email protected]

Im also on Ft lee :]
indi.1
on 1/28/12 10:19 pm - Chesterfiled, VA
VSG on 02/22/12
Hi Jack- Hang in there.. I am one week behind you and I feel everything you are feeling. Even though I have a supportive hubby and kids... Its still not exactly the same as those who are in your shoes. I think we are going to be just fine!
Jack_Fabulous
on 1/29/12 7:34 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Thanks for the support!  Since I am going before you, let me know if there is anything I can do to help from the other side.

melissazorger
on 1/31/12 12:12 am - KY
You are having normal thoughts and frankly if you weren't worried about it then I would worry. I know that this group isn't a person to person group but if you need help just ask and those of us who have went through this already we will help the best way we can.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views