Fort Lee, VA

melissazorger
on 1/10/12 5:58 am - KY
I just moved to Fort Lee, VA. I am a member of Curves however I am looking for a buddy I guess to workout with or just to have support. I applied for a job as a trainer at Curves it is nice but the people there have not went through what I have!
wjoegreen
on 1/24/12 2:28 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Not alot of locals here any more active on the boards. I just popped back in as I have been inactive here the past 2 yrs. I'm sure I'm not the support you had in mind but anything I can do, I'd be glad to try.  I had RNY Sep 06 and am also on Facebook and email at yahoo.com. Welcome to Fort Lee and hope you stay successful in your healthy lifestyle.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
prncsstwink
on 1/25/12 11:45 pm - Fort Lee, VA
I'm so glad to see there are others in the Fort Lee area.  I live on Fort Lee and am going through the process of getting approved.  I was approved in Cali but then my hubby got orders and I decided to hold off b/c i wanted to be with my surgeon for at least a year post op!  I am going to Commonwealth Surgeons in Richmond.  so far i've only went to the seminar and the initial visit with the nurse practitioner.  I have 3 more visits with my PCM for the required 6 and I still have a few other appts i need to do before approval.  Again, i'm so glad to see other Fort Lee area people.  I've felt like I was in this all alone.
wjoegreen
on 1/26/12 6:25 am - Colonial Heights, VA
let me know if I can be any help.  I am also at [email protected].
You thinking about gastric bypass or lap band.  Commonwealth did mine in Sep 06 but I had open RNY and my surgeon (Hutcher) has retired.  They'd still be my choice if I had it to do again, and lapriscopically.  Hang in there, you are doing the hardest part deciding.

Joe
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
moniqueh
on 1/26/12 12:12 am - chester, VA
Finally some Ft Lee people!! I dont go on here as much as I used to, everyone seems to have disapeared :] Plus I spend more time on FB! Im here if you need any support!!

~Monique~
melissazorger
on 1/26/12 10:21 pm - KY
If any of you are up to it, I would love to have an unofficial support group meeting at a local business such as Starbucks or a bookstore. Just so we can get to know each other, exchange recipes, or just share our experiences. Just let me know if anyone is interested.
wjoegreen
on 2/3/12 2:11 am - Colonial Heights, VA
I'd be willing to meet.  I think it is a useful idea.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
melissazorger
on 1/26/12 10:30 pm - KY
I created a new facebook site for us!  Fort Lee- It's a new life-Bariatric Support Group Please feel free to join!
wjoegreen
on 2/3/12 2:36 am - Colonial Heights, VA
I tried your FB site and FB says it doesn't exist. :O(
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
melissazorger
on 2/3/12 2:51 am - KY
I had it at secret setting but I think you can join now please let me know if you still can't join.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views