The hardest part- the pre op diet

navywife1107
on 9/15/11 8:11 am - VA
 Well 11 more days until my surgery.  I think I am doing better than I thought I would, but it sure is hard.  The first day... it was cake.. well that is because it is so new.  The second day was fine, but damn- my husband decided he was going to cook dinner for him, a friend and our kids.  Why is that when someelse cooks it smells better?? From that day I decided to just cook and I think that is working.  My slip up was yesterday when I was making garlic rolls to go with the lasgna and when you pull a roll a part and it has that little sliver of bread.  Without thinking I popped into my mouth.  I was like OMG!  Today was better.  Drinking my protein drink while making meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn (and meatballs to freeze for spaghetti another day) No mistakes.  And now while they are enjoying the meal... I am eating my SF jello and I feel satisfied.  I even had to run a mini plate to my neighbor to see if anything was lacking (i.e. more salt or butter to poatatoes)  Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment and I hope all goes well. :D
cvs0763639
on 9/15/11 9:10 am - north fort myers, FL
so excited for you.... my day is 10/07/2011.  do you know if the hospital collects money from you the morning of surgery?  i will be paying my deductable and 10% to the surgeon the week before.
navywife1107
on 9/15/11 10:16 am - VA
 I have Tricare Prime, so I don't have a co-pay.
frank1
on 9/16/11 10:00 am - VA
what protien drink are you nusing, my surgery is oct 10 .
navywife1107
on 9/24/11 6:37 am - VA
 I am using a few of them.  EAS carb control, pure protein, I also ordered a bunch of samples online. (Like unjury)
Jack_Fabulous
on 9/30/11 2:01 pm - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
I'm very excited for you! I just had my first consult. I will hopefully have surgery by February 2012.
navywife1107
on 10/1/11 11:40 am - VA
 I wish you luck Jack!!  My process seemed to FLY by.  I had surgery Monday- and good news to be.... wasn't half as bad as I thought.  :D
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views