Dr. Joseph McPhee

Kathleen W.
on 6/13/11 10:24 pm - Lancaster, PA
Has anyone heard of Dr. Joseph McPhee out of Portsmouth, VA?  He just moved his practice to Lancaster, PA.  He replace the idiot who did my surgery(The idiot was fired).  I would like to know the good, the bad, and the ugly before I go for a follow up visit.  I never went back to the original because of all the crap he pulled.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

HopefulMe123
on 1/1/12 1:17 am - PA
Dr. McPhee is my surgeon, and it is scheduled for 1-3-12. What happened with Dr. Brader? He was supposed to be my surgeon originally. Why was he fired?
Kathleen W.
on 1/1/12 8:29 am - Lancaster, PA
Dr. Brader was fired back in May of 2011.  From what I remember of the newspaper article, LGH wasn't bringing the business to justify his salery and bonuses.  My regular doctor commented that he heard it threw the grapevine that Brader didn't work well with others. You know how surgeons tell you that there can be complications from surgery?  Well, mine were compounded by Dr. Brader.  He didn't listen to me, nor the nurses at the hospitaland visiting nurses that  came to my house.  Wound up in a nursing home and there was a surgical problem there.  Dr. Brader didn't listen to them either. You're better off with Dr. McPhee.  He listened to me when I first went to him and wanted to work with my regular doctor for what was best for me. I didn't want to go into deatail.  I would do the rny again in a heartbeat, just not with Dr. Brader.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

HopefulMe123
on 1/1/12 8:52 am - PA
Well I am glad to read that at least you would do it again... I am pretty nervous about this upcoming surgery.  I started with Dr. Brader, but only the informationatl session. He seemed very straightforward to me and I was comfortable with him. I do like Dr. McPhee alot, also very comfortable with him. 

I never really knew what happened with Dr. Brader, but got the feeling he got a raw deal.
erjlg3
on 6/15/14 2:11 pm

Hello :)  How are you feeling?  How long did it take you to get approved for the surgery?  I am just starting and very anxious to know so many things.  I hope you are doing fabulous and are very happy with the surgery.   Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views