Didn't realize i could post by state too! Cool.

miss_shavontae
on 5/2/11 11:35 am
 hey VA! *waves*

jus popping in to say hello.

info on me: getting the VSG done with Dr. Mann on June 1st. 

looking and receiving support from all boards :)

thanks for welcoming me!

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 3:39 am - Woodbridge, VA
Sorry, this board is pretty darn slow! What part of VA are you in? We have a group in northern VA/DC/MD that meets about once a month.
miss_shavontae
on 5/17/11 11:52 am
im down south lol in va beach. is the meeting on the same day each month?
MerMer
on 5/5/11 9:43 pm
Welcome to the Boards. What part of VA are you in?
miss_shavontae
on 5/17/11 11:54 am
hi! im in Virginia Beach/Norfolk.
ladylovely7
on 5/11/11 2:38 pm - VA
Hello, I too will be going to Naval Med center Portsmouth.  I have to do the orientation tomorrow May 12.  My question to you is what was it like?  How long after orientation were you scheduled for surgery?  any difficulty thus far?  How do you feel about Dr. Mann?  What should I expect in terms of work up appointments?  Lots of question huh?  I hope not: ).  I hope all is going well for you and when you get a chance please send back some answers.  Blessings to you and yours !!  Lisa G.
miss_shavontae
on 5/17/11 12:23 pm, edited 5/17/11 12:32 pm
 it was very informative. i went in thinking 'no matter what they say im getting the lapband' to leaving thinking 'hmm, idk anymore' lol. decided finally on the sleeve. my orientation was in jan. feb i did all my appts/labs, march-april some stuff went down with the military pay so my surgery date was delayed. may 2nd appt with Dr Mann and surgery scheduled for June 1st. it's been been a Jan 13th- Jun 1st process. No difficulty so far besides waiting for my day. tomorrow i start my 2 week preop diet so im sure my difficulty answer my change =] Dr. Mann is great. he's nice. straight to the point. tells yu the real. i'll be praying over his hands for surgery! he's the only one who does the sleeve there so he's in high demand. basically, here's how it went: orientation, labs, ekg/chest xrays, nutritionist, pysch, intial meeting with him, they called for my next appt which was decision/surgery date. anymore questions just ask! What part of VA are yu in? how was the orientation?

Lauren B
on 5/14/11 1:20 pm - VA
Dr. Mann...beach area?   I'm in RVA.  Welcome to the board and hope we can help!  :)

Grats on the surgery coming up soon!

Lauren

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

miss_shavontae
on 5/17/11 12:24 pm
 yeah, i'm in southern va. where is rva? im not originally from here so i still get confused on some things lol.

thanks!
Lauren B
on 5/17/11 1:14 pm - VA
RVA = Richmond, VA  :)

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views