I have been away for a very long time...

swiftmom
on 4/16/11 3:56 am
RNY on 03/11/14
Hi Guys, 

I am back with a plead for help.  I fell off the wagon for over a year, I have gained 10 pounds.  Please tell me how to test my pouch to see if it still works.  I know it all comes down to food choices and water, but I lost my bible (bariatric handbook)  and I am at somewhat of a loss for what to do next.  I know this has happened to some of you in the past.  I just want to get back on track with a new start.  Do I go back on clear liquids, and for how long?  This support group was the best thing for me, and I got away from it once I moved away.  I was in Alabama, and now I reside in Andrews TX.  It is right on the border of New Mexico on the panhandle.  Gwen, Susan, Jackie and all my old friends, I miss you and need you. 

Thanks in advance, Lisa
Eastcoastaloha
on 4/19/11 10:14 am - Suffolk, VA
HI Lisa, I miss ya too.   I do a Protein drink twice a day and still to this day have a check list for how many glasses of water I take in each day.  Start back to the basics and write everything you eat down and read those labels. You can get back on track. You just did writing here. :)
I will talk with ya later.
So good to hear from you.
Gwen
swiftmom
on 4/19/11 11:39 pm
RNY on 03/11/14
Thanks Gwen,

I was hoping some of the wonderful people who helped me through my surgery were still here.  I am drinking lots and lots of water.  Trying to keep up with protein, no movement on the scale yet, but I am hoping.  I hope you are well.
Eastcoastaloha
on 4/26/11 2:34 am - Suffolk, VA
HI Lisa Iam doing good. Mix it up each week don't stay with the same amount of calories. Your body gets use to  a routine and then we feel we are stuck but we are not. Just add some cardio  and try to keep the carbs and fats low. But don't  skip a meal that will just low your metabolize down. You can do it girl I know ya can.
Eastcoastaloha
on 4/26/11 2:36 am - Suffolk, VA
Oh I have a facebook account it is Gwen Johnson Almeda.
Lauren B
on 5/14/11 1:33 pm - VA

Lisa,
REALITY CHECK!  10lbs?  You're doing fabulous.  I know scale stalking is hard for us when we see a gain but you are doing great.  I agree with gwen.  *insert my typical go "back to the basics" schpeal.

As for the handbook, I re-requested mine and after a re-read knew what my protein, vitamin and etc. goals were...again (always good to re-read and know and follow!)  :)  Contact your surgeons office and requestit.

U mentioned pouch test, liquids, etc.  I don't feel that 10 lbs warrants that.  Relax a bit.  TRY.  SERIOUSLY.  And this is coming from a scale stalker!  :)

Good luck in TX and hope you keep visiting us here.  I have been away from the VA boards for a long time too.  But we are all still here even though we check in...infrequently.

Feel free to contact me/email me privately.

Hugs babe!,

Lauren

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views