nurse1johnson
on 4/15/11 4:58 am
Hello Fellow Virginias,
I am just beginning on my weight loss journey, I have my first appointment Monday the 18th with the surgeon. I have started to diet already on my own and have lost 6 lbs. I have cut out soda and have cut back on the amount of carbs I have been taking in. I also replaced breakfast and lunch with a protein shake and I am drinking lots and lots of water :)  Hope to get to know some of you all better as I journey to a healthier me !!!
Tammy
caroline2622
on 4/15/11 8:38 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

Tammy     Take it slow with the replacing shakes with meals.   when you get your surgery you need to eat well balanced meals... You are in the right direction just do not starve this body.  
Start with one replacement meal and add a snack after ....  

Great you are counting your carbs and sodas.... try using a sugar substitute   I use equal.   Water to hydrate will always be your best friend.

the surgeon and the nutrionist will be of great help, my surgeon had me on the modified Adkins diet... In your new WL life your best friend will be your nutrionist.  I still live by her basic meal , vitamin, drinking and protien schedule.   

do you research and just remember that any of the surgeries are just a tool.   We all work at a healthy balanced life style.  

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing .. WE ALL need support...  Caroline

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Lauren B
on 5/14/11 1:39 pm - VA
what area of VA are you in and what surgery are you considering?

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views