just moved to Arlington....Need a support group

Iman M.
on 4/14/11 6:36 am - Arlington, VA
Hi Ladies and Gents!
I just relocated back to the DC area (Arlington-Shirlington Village) and loving it.  Now I need a support group to continue my journey and lose about 30-40 lbs.  Can you please let me know where I can find a good group to join?

Thanks -
Iman

Highest weight: 325.5 (2008)                   Surgery weight: 323.5 (1/8/09)

****Got pregnant in May 2011 but lost the baby in August 2011...Gained some weight so trying to get back on track...I hate PCOS.
caroline2622
on 4/14/11 8:29 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Try Fair Oaks Inova Hospital  they have a great nutrionist WLS  and support groups.  I imagine Alexandria or Fairfax Inova may have support groups, but now sure.     Fair Oaks is the best in the area.  

Welcome to the VA forum    We look forward to hearing from you.

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
GAFROMVA
on 4/14/11 9:15 am - Alexandria, VA
VSG on 12/08/10 with
 Welcome back to the DMV, like Caroline said Fair Oaks is probably your best bet. I go to the support group in the woodbridge area, it's a struggle for me to get there on time and I'm coming from Alexandria. .
Glen
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. 

HW: 565, Surgery Day: 486 CW: 319
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 3:52 am - Woodbridge, VA
The Fairfax (not Fair Oaks) hospital support group is good - it's tonight, in fact! A handful of us meet for dinner beforehand at a nearby restaurant, so let me know if you'd like more details. The meetings are the first Tuesday of each month. I don't know anything about the one at Fair Oaks.
colo_girl
on 6/4/11 3:59 am - Arlington, VA
REALIZE Band on 06/23/10 with
Hi there,

I go to the group in Woodbridge, but have heard the fair oaks one is good as well.  

If you are interested in getting together sometime, just send me a message!  I would be interested in finding a buddy close by

Steph

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views