OT: VA to DC

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 10:52 pm - Woodbridge, VA
We must have lived very close - I live off of Springwoods as well! In one of the many, many townhouses near Springwoods Elementary  :)    (which is why I'm not afraid of divulging such details online - even if I said what style and color my house is, there are at least 3 others almost identical just on my street!)
caroline2622
on 5/8/11 2:01 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Too funny    I was on Stallion Ct down the hill from the Elem School     

The Lake Ridge area is hold solid right now for sales.   At least now going downward

Take care

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
nightbird
on 5/7/11 12:00 pm - Bowie, MD
Hi

Actually we haven't been to visit yet.  We go to visit for the first time in early June.  We will check out different areas then.  So far we are going to check out Silver Springs, MD and Fairfax, Springfield, Alexandria and Woodbridge in VA while we are there.  It takes forever for the transfers to go through so my guess it will be fall before we get the go ahead to sell our house and move to the DC area.

Good luck with your move and congratulations on selling your house.   
caroline2622
on 5/7/11 9:21 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Ask for tax info in MD   there are higher taxes in some instances,    City taxes     Piggyback taxes when you go to the settlement table.     Ask about utilities as well    Maryland utilities had big increases.    

Good luck and keep in touch   Caroline

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
nightbird
on 5/8/11 10:51 am - Bowie, MD
 Thank you!  We really appreciate the information.  We have looked more at Virginia than we have Maryland.  Right now, more Fairfax County than Woodbridge area but we are going to visit both while we are there.  

Thank you again for your help.

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 3:49 am - Woodbridge, VA
I am in the Lake Ridge area of Woodbridge as well. Honestly, we want to move. It's not that it's a bad area (we're within walking distance to an elementary school, and there are lots of playgrounds and such), but the daily commute for both me and my husband is really getting to me, and we don't even work in DC, which would be an even more tiresome commute.

We also have 2 dogs (much smaller than german shepards!), and Prince William County (which is where Woodbridge is) has no public dog parks.

If you don't mind the idea of the longer commute, there are some fabulous homes for sale in Manassas as well. Of course, as with any place, be sure to educate yourself about the neighborhood, as every city has its good and its, umm, less good  :P 

When we were searching for a home in Woodbridge, we did not search outside of the 22192 zip code. If you can find a place in Fairfax or Loudon county, your home value will be much more reliable. I know everyone got hit hard with the recent real estate market issues, but Prince William County got hit MUCH harder than others around here (one of the hardest hit in the country). We are now so upside-down in our mortgage that we are now stuck for who knows how many years, even though this townhouse was our "5-year plan" and we're about 3.5 years into it.
nightbird
on 5/7/11 12:02 pm - Bowie, MD
 Thank you...we will check out the Manassas area.  We are looking for a place that is long term and it is just us so we don't need a large place.  We have been looking at places in Fairfax County too.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views