Anyone in Williamsburg or Newport News area?

dobbiemom
on 4/4/11 6:05 am - Hamburg, Ha
Hi! I am actually new to the board although I had RNY surgery 10 years ago. I have really found the need for a "partner" in this journey. I have a wonderful husband and family (3 teen children:0) but I would love to have someone who actually *gets* how my body feels. I have done pretty well with the surgery. I have had some iron issues a hernia repair and gall bladder removal. I also had a tummy tuck. I suppose after a while  all of us start to wonder "what have I done to my body?"  I would LOVE to meet someone (preferably a lady :0) who was 5 or more years out. After 10 years many of us who have had the surgery become "worried" if any of us are around anymore (sounds funny I know!). When you have surgery in your 20's you are more concerned with the loooks end of things but 10 years later you become more concerned with your long term longevity and health. I supposed I am a bit stressed about it. I actually live between williamsburg and Richmond and would love to find a fellow GBS patient to relate to.  I am a patient of Dr. Clark although he did not do my surgery. I had mine done in Ohio by dr. Stellato. Thanks to all *****spond! God bless

Steph     
caroline2622
on 4/5/11 9:22 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
 I am in the No Va area.  Just wanted to welcome you to the VA forum.    

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
tommygirl
on 5/12/11 11:43 am
Hi had my surgery 3 years ago and Dr. Clark did mine. I am from the Newport News area. and also my daughter had hers done 7 years ago and dr. clark did her also she lives in newport news also. She has alot of health issues with her stomach and nutriensts. Send me an email if you like to talk.
dobbiemom
on 5/31/11 5:05 am - Hamburg, Ha
Hi!

Sorry I am so late to reply. I have been sick with an intestinal infection (UGGHH). I would love to chat with you. I had my surgery 10 years ago and really did not have any support. i did not feel I needed much as I have a supportive husband and I was ok. I now realize how important it is to have someone who can "relate" to our unique situation. As odd as it sounds, I would love to have someone to speak to who is "like me". I am doing fairly well. I have had some vitamin issues but I am working on those. The only set back I have had recently has been the intestinal infection which was not due to the bypass but it has been mad complicated by it.  I am 36 years old and I have 3 teenagers (2 at home).  It must be such a blessing to be able to relate to your daughter about your bypass.  I would love to keep in touch. Have a great day!!

Dobbie (stephanie)     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views