If you could...

frugalcouponer
on 4/2/11 1:07 am - Clarksville, VA
go back and decide to do this again...would you? and why?

I have thought of doing this for almost 2 years, and watched my mom and sister do this, but need outside advice. 

Thanks for all your help.
Shannon
gmurn
on 4/3/11 5:46 am - Sterling, VA
Absolutely! Though I wish I had done it years earlier. The health benefits are amazing. I feel so much better. My quality of life is better. AT 6 months, I am eating really pretty normal.

Life is good!
  HW 234  SW 222  CW  159  Sur Goal: 175  My goal 140-145                   

caroline2622
on 4/3/11 8:43 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
It took me 5 years      I wondered why I suffered.  life is good !  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 10:44 pm - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
Ive been looking into this for 5 years and can't wait to get it done. I got close 2 years ago but then my insurance changed. This time I think it will happen in May.

I won't regret it at all after losing 50 lbs and gaining it back and then starting over every year for the past 5 yrs.
moniqueh
on 4/4/11 12:55 am - chester, VA

I would Definatly do it again!! Its been 7yrs since I had surgery and although I have some new health issues, I still have no regrets! Good luck to you!!

Lauren B
on 5/14/11 1:51 pm - VA
NO DOUBT I WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A RED HOT SECOND!

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

seriouslaughter
on 5/29/11 2:46 pm
Yes, without a doubt, I would do this again. It has impacted my life in a million little ways. The real vicories are the small things that you don't even realize your obesity is affecting. It is climbing multiple flights of stairs without a second thought, or stopping for a beath. It's getting up and down from the floor with ease. Its fitting into seats, and having plenty of room left over! It is getting to the end of the day in heels and realizing that your knees and ankles don't hurt! I wish I had thought about this years ago. I never even realized it was a possibility. Once I decided to look into it, it happened really fast. I'm glad. I didn't have the time to talk or "reason" my way out of it. So far, it has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. I will say though, that unless you are 100% committed to making the changes you MUST make, you shouldn't do it. If you really are ready adopt a new lifestyle, then go for it!

I think the next best thing to solving a probem is finding some humor in it. -Frank A. Clark

We have no say over the hand dealt us in life, but we do have a lot of control over how this hand is played. We are responsible for bringing out the meaning of our own lives in each moment that we live. Remember each moment happens only once and can never be retrieved again. -Roberta Andersen

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/11 6:47 am - Yorktown, VA
YES! YES!  YES!

My advice to you would be to research all FOUR types of WLS before deciding what is right for you.  Do not just get what they got because that is what you know (or even because that is what your doctor recommends, unless he does all four types himself).

When I do see someone posting about regrets, it is usually that they regret the type of surgery they chose.......
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views