Sharing and success

caroline2622
on 3/24/11 10:06 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Virginia Forum   -  success can be sharing with others.     I want to put out a challange to all weight loss newbies and oldies to give us your support .... talk about your journey.    

WL Surgery is just a tool and we are ALL struggle no matter what surgery you choose.   To keep the weight off after surgery we have to committ to a healthy and active lifestyle.   Support is key. 

Please consider stepping out of your comfort zone and sharing your journey or perhaps why you have not started your journey.   You never know you may be an inspiration to all or us .. 

Thanks and do share   

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/11 4:06 am - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
You go Caroline, get this board all fired up the way it used to be.

Me I've been looking into VSG for 5 years and just was cleared for surgery. I had my upper gastro test today and all is fine. Now Im just waiting on my surgery date.

I can't wait!
caroline2622
on 3/25/11 4:11 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
jack   That is great.... How are you doing with your diet?   Good to start with sugar and carb detoxing now.  Will ease you into the new diet changes.   

So excited for you !     Hey now you too are going to get us charged up on the Virginia Forum ! 

lost 140 lbs     

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/11 4:16 am - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
Im starting protien shakes and fruit and veges and very low carbs this weekend. Ive done this before and last year lost 60 lbs in 3 months. So I know it will work. I've already started to stop drinking coffee and caffiene and increasing my water intake. So all good there. I hope to be down 30 lbs by my surgery date.
leeleeo
on 3/31/11 12:36 am - Culpeper, VA
 At my high point I was 326.. I have lost 137 pounds so far and I'm still shrinking!  I have gone from a very tight 28 pants to a comfy 14 and a 3 or 4x shirt to a comfy large.  

I was getting to the point where I no longer wanted to do things.  I didn't want to go out, I didn't want to shopping, I didn't want to play with my son.  I was turning into a true couch potato.  I knew I had to do something and my PCP actually suggested a lap band.  I had looked into a gastric bypass before but it really scared me.  All the surgery was terrifying to me.  (No offense to those who have it, please!)  I chose the lap band because there was no internal changes.. it was reversible if I had troubles.  It put my mind at ease.  I had a baby boy to care for and I wanted to make sure I didn't die on the table or shortly thereafter.  I was OK with the longer weight loss period, so I did it!  August 2007.

The surgery was easy, recovery was easy.  My doctor had terrible follow up care, though.  I left him and went three hours away to Dr Clark.  Much better!!!  My weight loss has been slow and steady.  I could lose faster, but I'm still happy with my progress.  I took a year off in 2008-9 when I was pregnant with my daughter and nursing her.  I needed to gain some weight in order to feed her.   I have adjusted my 3 year anniversary for my band to be this August because of it.  I want to be at my doctor's goal of 170 by then.  I'm only 17 pounds off, so it should be absolutely no problem!!  

I want to keep losing once I reach his goal, I just want to figure out my next goal once I get to the first one!  I would LOVE to be "normal BMI."

Since losing weight I have found that love to get out and go places again.  I love to run and go for walks.  It means nothing to just go walking in the city for the day with my daughter on my back in her backpack carrier.  I feel like I have superpowers compared to slug I used to be!  I am loving life!

-=lee=-

At goal!
lost 155 lbs, go me!
caroline2622
on 3/31/11 8:42 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
It is wonderful to active again !    I just saw my OBGYN yesterday and she was in shock.   She was so worried about me 2 1/2 years ago.  

Congratulations on your heard work!   You should be so proud of yourself.  Thank you for sharingg.  Please keep in touch.  We all need your inspiration !!   

lost 140 lbs     

Donna C.
on 5/11/11 2:39 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I am one month out today.  I have lost 25 lbs so far.  I am exercising.  I start with my trainer next week and have my 4-6 week follow-up with my NUT next week as well.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views