1 Year Surgiversary

staceycarse
on 3/24/11 3:43 am
Wow, I can't believe it's been one year since my gastric bypass surgery.  In the first couple months the time went by so slow, due to not feeling well and looking at the scale every day wondering when the weight would come off.  Once the weight loss started rolling, it has gone by so fast.  I went from 248 to 140 in a year.  Needless to say I look and more importantly feel like a new person.  I went from buying a size 24 to a size 4/6.  Running around with my three kids is so much fun.  I got a bicycle and ride around almost every day.  It feels so good just to be able to move my body.  It's brought about a second honeymoon of sorts with my husband.  Like most people I've talked to, my only regret is not doing this sooner.  My WLS journey took two years to get approval from my insurance company and I never thought it would happen.  I thank God every day that I finally got approved and had the surgery.  I feel so good.  To anyone out there having a hard time with the surgery or getting approval, somehow it will happen and you will feel better.  I didn't believe it at the time, but it's true.  Never give up.  Information is key.  I want to thank my surgeon, Dr. Anthony Terracina, for giving me my life back.  It feels good to be among the living.  Good luck to everyone out there. 

caroline2622
on 3/24/11 9:45 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Congratulations and welcome to the loosers bench!    It is incredible as we loose the weight how we get more active and feeling good...

Please keep in touch and share with us all    All WLS's are a tool and we all need to work at living a healthy life style.   Please share and get involved on the VA Forum    We all need support

Thanks for sharing 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
GAFROMVA
on 3/25/11 1:49 pm - Alexandria, VA
VSG on 12/08/10 with
 Congratulatons on your sucess
Glen
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. 

HW: 565, Surgery Day: 486 CW: 319
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views