Bluepoint - Dr. Amir Moazzez, Dr. Halmi

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/11 5:56 pm - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
Need your input on these guys.

I was working with advanc@ed weightloss solutions and have completed my 6 months of supervised diet with my primary. Yesterday I had my consultation with the Dr and come to find out the main Dr there has sold his practice to what I would call a one stop shopping healthcare company. It felt like corporated amedrica and when one of the DRS started giving me sales pitches and price breakdowns I walked out.

My insurance will cover everything BUT I have to go in network. So after a few phone calls I found that bluepoint isin my netowrk and I will be working with them moving forward.

I'm hoping to have a VSG.
caroline2622
on 3/10/11 7:40 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
caroline2622
on 3/10/11 7:56 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Dr Moazzez join Dr Halmi because he could not keep up alone with his clients.      I preferred him on his own, he too needs a life.    He had a most personable staff    Pam is still there and is a jem.     Sorry you did not have a good experience...

I chose Dr Mo for his surgical reputation ... Outstanding  he did my VSG and my gall bladder.   I have several friends that have used him as well.   He has never been pushy or brassy.  
I do not use the other services nor the plastic surgeon.   I was part of the Fair Oaks Hospital combined services.       

Dr Halmi has an excellant reputation as well.   I do not care for him... He is Blue point.   But I will tell you do not cross them off.  Call Pam and talk to her.     Believe me we all understand that getting started is and emotional and stressful time beginning your journey.  I was *****y during the testing.    Lots of requirements and tests and too much info .....   I was speaking with my general physician today and she mentioned both surgeons are the best in the area.    There are alot of less caring companies and doctors out there.   And believe me alot more expensive.     Check a few more out and do your research.........   

I am very happy with my VSG and live a relatively normal life.   Just remember this is a tool and we have to make life changes.... so glad to be seeing other VSG'ers    I have so little people to chat with .... please keep in touch  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/11 9:14 pm - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
Caroline,

I saw Dr. Mo yesterday and it was awesome. I've been working with Pam and she is awesome. Dr. Mo is going to be my surgeon. I have a bunch of stuff to do but am very happy with this office. Glad to hear you are as well.

I have my gastro consult next week and sleep study fri night. The week after I have the gastro procedure, and my psych eval. 1 more visit to my primary care for 1 more weigh in and they Bluepoint will be submitting to my insurance the first week in april.

So if all goes well I might have a surgery date come the end of april. keep your fingers crossed.
Rachael Richardson
on 6/9/11 12:44 pm - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Caroline,
My surgery is scheduled with Dr. Halmi June 20 at Fair Oaks Inova.  Pam at Blue Point is great..and thr other office staff was very promt and effcient.  My insurance approval came back in a week.  I like the Blue Point Fair Oaks office better..Woodbridge office I found they were just to busy..and not as personable.  However, both surgeons are well respected....and experienced.
luvkisses4k
on 3/10/11 11:18 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
VSG on 12/21/10 with
Dr Halmi is my surgeon and I LOVE him!  He's very kind and helpful.  The other surgeons in the office are fantastic too.  The nutritionists Ashley and Catherine are great and always available when I have questions.

The one thing I will say about the group is that other than the front desk person, the rest of the office staff, particularly the insurance and surgery coordinators are difficult to deal with.  I have some complicated insurance issues (not normal) and since they didn't know what to do, they just kept putting me off.  I self paid for the surgery (VSG) and I am working with my insurance companies on my own to get reimbursed since the surgery is covered. (Very long story)

I went out of the Woodbridge office so I know nothing of the Fairfax office. 

caroline2622
on 3/11/11 12:34 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
So glad it worked out well.  Fair Oaks is the best !   You are on your way!!  

I hope to hear in the future from you and luv soon!!

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
ooo2bthin
on 3/17/11 12:03 am
Hi there.  I just had surgery with Dr. Halmi on March 9th.  I have only good things to say about Bluepoint.  I am pleased with my decision.  Like you I started with another surgeon.  However, I was attending Bluepoint support group.  They were aware that I was having surgery with someone else and I always felt welcome.   I made friends with some of his patients and sat beside Dr. Halmi a couple of times.  He was very pleasant and made me feel so comfortable.  When I felt the need to change surgeons-it was a no-brainer.  I did not think about it I just switched to Bluepoint and so far so good.  Everyone has been helpful, pleasant and supportive.  Dr. Halmi's way of dealing with his patients is awesome he makes you feel so at ease.  Good luck to you, you won't be disappointed with Bluepoint.
4_them_2
on 4/5/11 10:30 am - Northern, VA
I had my surgery last week and the whole process was fantastic. Dr Moazzez was my surgeon and the office staff was great as were the nurses at Inova Fair Oaks. I would recommend them/him.

03/29/2011  --  RNY @ INOVA!!  Surgery went great. Weighed 260
 03/30/2011  --  Discharged w/ 12 pounds of fluid WTH??  Weighed 272
 04/04/2011  --  One week followup w/ PA. Weighed 259    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views