Dr. Anez

LadyDD
on 3/8/11 8:48 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Would like to hear from some RNY post ops that recently had surgery with Dr. Anez.  What is your opinion.  What hospital is he affiliated with now?  What was your experiences with him and the hospital.
Ms Court
on 3/23/11 4:17 am - Remington, VA
I am 5 1/2 years post op with Dr. Anez.  As far as I know he is still affiliated with Fair Oaks for surgery but did move his office to Herndon.  The only conflict I really know of with Fair Oaks was regarding the support group meetings & they were able to move those to a different location.  I did not have any issues with Dr. Anez.  Found him to be great, was the most comfortable with him after going to several informational meetings with other docs.  His staff has always been great.  My hospital experience was okay, they were in the middle of upgrading the bariatric wing so I was in a different room area & felt like the night time service wasn't the best but no real issues.  I also used Dr. Anez for my gallbladder surgery about a year after my open rny.  No issues there either

Although I have gained about 25 lbs back, that is my own fault as I am not follwoing the rules.  The Dr., office & staff are always good about telling me what I should be doing and giving great tips and advice, I just haven't been great about following them. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

goddessgrrl
on 2/11/12 11:56 am - VA
Hi Ms Court! My RNY is scheduled for 2/28/2012. I've been working with Dr. Anez's office since 9/2010. How have you been doing lately? I see you haven't posted in about a year. Would love to hear from you about your challenges.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

ctheworld727
on 2/19/12 5:41 am - VA
Hi Lady DD.

I had RNY with Dr. Anez on 12/13/11 at Fair Oaks Hospital. My overall experience was wonderful and the hospital staff was top notch. Dr. Anez's staff was and still is totally helpful. After I got home, I called them so many times to ask questions and they were always helpful and polite. They never seemed to get frustrated or bothered by me. 

I don't think it's the hospital stay you have to worry about, it's when you get home. I thought I was totally prepared afterwards, but I had no idea. Do you have a friend or anyone close to you that has had the surgery that you can call after the surgery? It is very important, because no one can understand what you're going through and it helps to have someone to ask questions.

Good luck! If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Mel
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views