Kinda Newbee .....

LadyDD
on 3/8/11 2:51 am - Fredericksburg, VA
But not really.  I have been hanging out here in this forum for about 10 years.  I have been scheduled for Gastric Bypass Surgery 4 times and have sucessfully chickened out all 4 times!  I am contemplating giving it one more go to see if I can make it this time.   I have researched this surgery to the point I could probably perform it!  lol!  I have sleep apnea, which is one of my biggest stressers because of the anesthesia.  So I am going for a sleep study and get fitted for my C-PAP next week.  Hopefully, I will be able to use that as a security blanket and make it to the OR this time.  I am using Dr. Anez, whom I've met with numerous all 4 times times (lol!).  I'm told that he is one of the best in Northern VA.  Hopefully he will meet with me one more time before writing me off.  :-)  Anyway, wanted to stop in and say "Hey"! ... again.  I have alot of things going on between now and the end of May but I am hoping that I will be able to schedule my surgery for sometime early-mid summer.  In the interim, any and all stories or comments are welcome. 

D
LadyDD
on 3/8/11 8:46 pm - Fredericksburg, VA

What hospital is he affiliated with now?

caroline2622
on 3/10/11 8:54 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
I think he is at Reston     Not sure why he left Fair Oaks

I know of 2 patients that had to have re surgery and tried to get another doctor to do it and they refused to do his surgery.  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
LadyDD
on 3/13/11 11:53 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Just FYI, Dr. Anez is still performing sugeries at INOVA Fair Oaks.  He is also performing at Reston.  But his main affiliation is at Fair Oaks.  Not sure who told you differently, but they were incorrect. 
caroline2622
on 3/14/11 6:57 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Only wish you the best of luck ...

lost 140 lbs     

LadyDD
on 3/14/11 8:48 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks.  Was just wondering where you got the false information from.  Dr. Anez and his "used to be partner" Dr. Halmi - now at Bluepoint - were the reasons that Fair Oaks got their COE in Bariatric Surgery.  If someone is saying that Anez is no longer affiliated with Fair Oaks they are mistaken, and probably something that Dr. Anez should address on this forum.  Thanks for the tip.
caroline2622
on 3/15/11 5:43 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
let me clarify no info was told to me by the Blue point office.  He moved his offce and someone at a Fair Oaks support group  meeting said something.  

The info on Dr Anez came directly from patients that could not get another doctor to correct their their problems.   They had no choice to go back to him for the issues.   I have seen his work and I was shocked at what was done.  

In fact that experience made me not go to Dr Anez and  I held back  - looking for a well known and impeccable surgeon.   That took 5 years.    The other 2 Anez patients, I met in later years with similar experiences.   

Now I will tell you that I do not care for this new Blue Point surgical.  Dr Moazzez  and his assistant Pam are wonderful....  The Bluepoint staff are Dr Halmi's creation.    He has a great rep as a surgeon.    Bluepoint did try to push  their plastic surgeon Andrew Kriegel  with discounts and he recommends a ton of plastics that I did not need.  Some discount.  in the end BIG BUCKS!   The front desk allowed many of us to think  he was another plastic surgeon with a similar name.   The girl at the front desk insulted Dr Goldberg a most incredible plastic surgeon.  I have seen his work ... My girlfriend has her arms done ... Goldberg is a perfectionist and she hardly has any scars......  She was told off.     I chose Dr Mitchel Kreiger of Goldberg and Kreiger. 

You did ask for issues, please do no be insulted. lmao unless you are Dr Anez.  If you are Dr Anez you make an ass of your self at a Fair Oaks meet the surgeons, Doc Mo and Halmi looked 1st class to me.      We all love our surgeons when we are loosing weight but make sure you do not have emergencies ...  Mr. Mo personally called for an issue and took care of me for my gall bladder issues.... 

I waited along time before I found Dr Mo.   A surgical  nurse told me that is she had an emergency Mr Mo was the only surgeon she would consider going to hands down.  I spoke with doctors that worked with him and nothing but high respect for him  

Talk to the Medical community.        Truly Truly go with you gut and ask everyone    Go to support groups and ask them face to face.    

We need people to be on here on a regular basis    NON voyeours... Please be a regular and tell us what you are learning or not learning... We all need support and honestly ... This is only a tool and we all will struggle...  Take care and keep in touch

lost 140 lbs     

~ Julie ~
on 3/22/11 12:33 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Just to add, even my OB out of Kaiser Reston is on friendly terms with Dr. M, which I found interesting. I've been really bad about not going to follow up appointments -- I had no idea things had changed so much. That sucks, to be honest.

At almost 5 years out, I am still down about 190 (I'm also 6 months pregnant and have gained a bunch of  weight from that -- and am trying to go back to basics even now to counteract that, and it seems to at least be holding steady, yay!) and I would go back to Dr. M a thousand times over if I had it to do again. He knows what he is doing.
399    /371  /173.2/155
initial/preop/now/goal

The tough part of WLS is not the first year, it's those that follow.

caroline2622
on 3/22/11 7:29 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

Great to hear from you Julie!      I just did my bloodwork with my regular doctor     She has all of my other bloodwork.   She reviews all of my issues too.     I keep to me basic schedule that the NUTs at Fair Oaks gave us.   Keep to the vitamins... Only issue is my colesterol ... Gall bladder may be part of that but we are adjusting diet to make sure it goes down to.

Who is your OB?  

Hey please keep in touch !   Newbies and oldies are not keeping up....    I got so much from the support on here.    PM me.  I have something you may be interested in ....  

lost 140 lbs     

caroline2622
on 3/8/11 6:01 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Well I do suggest you use other than Dr Anez , use your senses and move on.   Know too many that have had to have re surgery with him.  He is no longer at Fair Oaks Hospital for a reason..   Just being honest ...    Try Blue Point surgical  Fair Oak Hospital    Dr Moazzez or Halmi are the best in the area.    

You want the best and great hospital....  

Bet you will feel alot different going to one of their meetings ... Good luck

lost 140 lbs     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views